Black Sports : The Negro League - Why Did it Die - Why Hasn't There Been Like Efforts ?

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

Why did the Negro League die?

Why hasn't there been more like efforts, given that black men overwhelm professional sports?

The NBA, NFL, etc., are primarily white owned entities, yet they'd fail without black players ... (i think).

So why hasn't there been a primarily owned black entity doing the same, successfully?

I know i'm not the only one that has thot of this ... so what's up ... anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

Peace and Blessings Family,

Why did the Negro League die?

Why hasn't there been more like efforts, given that black men overwhelm professional sports?

The NBA, NFL, etc., are primarily white owned entities, yet they'd fail without black players ... (i think).

So why hasn't there been a primarily owned black entity doing the same, successfully?

I know i'm not the only one that has thot of this ... so what's up ... anyone know?

Thanks in advance.

Destee

Integration.

http://www.negroleaguebaseball.com/faq/record0005.html

My grandfather Art Demery played with a few negro leagues teams but there were other "colored" teams across the country which did not belong to the negro leagues. World War II also had an effect on the decline because there were traveling teams that played against teams from Cuba, Puerto Rico and Japan.

Here is a book which mentions the team grandpa played for in Bakersfield before he was drafted into the Dodgers farm system.

http://books.google.com/books?id=pc...X&ei=O7BoUsXfIoa4igKQg4CYAQ&ved=0CDwQ6AEwBjgK

Since the Japanese internment placed limits on Japanese players black teams used to play against them in internment camps. This is why later California major league teams started drafting Japanese players. Some of the first blacks to break into MLB knew them very well because they played with them in the off season in semi pro or municipal leagues.

My grandfather Art Demery played with a few negro leagues teams but there were other "colored" teams across the country which did not belong to the negro leagues. World War II also had an effect on the decline because there were traveling teams that played against teams from Cuba, Puerto Rico and Japan.

Here is a book which mentions the team grandpa played for in Bakersfield before he was drafted into the Dodgers farm system.

http://books.google.com/books?id=pcoAoMBsWrMC&pg=PA108&lpg=PA108&dq=art demery baseball&source=bl&ots=LaRNgy_RO8&sig=Je_CTGIddx3Vb9RwDftrvXAB2RY&hl=en&sa=X&ei=O7BoUsXfIoa4igKQg4CYAQ&ved=0CDwQ6AEwBjgK

Since the Japanese internment placed limits on Japanese players black teams used to play against them in internment camps. This is why later California major league teams started drafting Japanese players. Some of the first blacks to break into MLB knew them very well because they played with them in the off season in semi pro or municipal leagues.

Integration of what Brother O ... the negro league ... japanese league ... or white leagues ... ??

What keeps the idea of a "negro league" being put on the table now?

Entities owned and managed by black people ... since black people do the work.

Why not now?

Love You and Thanks!

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back