Black People : The Cleveland Show - Black Cartoon - White Man's Voice

I watch Family Guy and I like it. Part of the reason it's so funny is because it makes fun of EVERYONE, and doesn't just single out any one group or person.

I've seen about two episodes of The Cleveland Show. I don't like it. It's not only a spin-off of the Family Guy, it imitates it. Maybe I'll little sensitive, but what they basically did was make a black version of Family Guy and put in black stereotypes. The son has an afro, is cool and sauve with the ladies, and is a bit overly sexual. Cleveland, who was sorta 'white' and 'weak' on Family Guy, has all the sudden grown balls and is a bit more sexual and aggressive than he was on Family Guy.

A white guy as the voice of Cleveland is the least of the Cleveland Show's problems.
Putney Swope's voice was a Downey Sr., but the film was supported in the making by Blacks at the time, but negro and colored stereotypes become like a kind of virus
You know , something we rail against but those most vocal against , it seem to have it lingering around, in embarssing ways

I was given a gift of Spike Lee's "Miracle of Saint Anna, but could not get past the battle scene in the first 15 minutes of the movie.
After making Bamboozled I was shocked to see Spike, direct 2 characters straight out of Amos and Andy;
a fat overweight(in the army?) doofus, and a soldier crying like a liitle girl.
Man I couldn't believe that. Why do the brothers like that?

and after making "Pootie Tang", Rock is doing "Death at a Funeral"?????

The same white guy also does the voice of the baby Rollo.

I watch Family guy and although i like it I have long noticed its writers seem obsessed by black people. A few posters have already stated the standard line "it makes fun of everyone" but as someone who has watched it for years trust me they go off on black people more. I'm not complaining, I still fine the show funny, I'm just observing.

I also watched Cleveland a few times and like a previous poster stated it imitates Family guy, a bit too much for my taste. Also its not very funny.

I also agree with the poster who lamented black portrayal on TV. Now that The Wire has finished there is NO non sitcom non funny portrayal of black on TV and virtually no new material with a predominantly black cast just white shows with a few token blacks thrown in. Quite sad.

To honestly answer your question it makes me :em2300:
It was once said to me "If your enemy is quiet you are not doing your job". I look at the portrayal's, imitations, etc as an inspiration to continue with my little piece of the struggle. Shows like these and others reaffirms my belief that we are not completely assimilated and they still have something to fear.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back