Honoring Black Ancestors : Tell It!!! Our Legacy of Worth!

Mr. Wonderful!!!
My daddy initially only achieved an eighth grade education. I used the word “Initially”, because he didn't go back to school – to receive his GED and go on to further his education at an Historic Black College until his 1st child (me!) was in the 6th grade. As, he knew the importance of “leading by example”! How could he possibly reinforce the fact that “I” was GOING to go to college, if he had not??? … how was I going to see & walk in his vision for his children – this example … if he did not provide it? These were his thoughts at the time.

So at a later age, daddy went back to school, received his GED, his undergraduate degree & his Masters degree in Education all within 5 (FIVE) years!!! Amazing!!!

How did he do it??? Easy … he’d made the WISE decision many years earlier to fall in love with & marry a woman (mommy) who’d already earned her graduate degree in Vocal Performance! And “she” made the lovingly-WISE decision to do what many do & have done!!! To support her husband - her MAN & her family, by becoming the major bread winner! For SIX LOOOONG years!!! You see, she’d never worked – at least while raising us. Daddy did all that! And as children, we did NOT much appreciate mommy workin’, cause we were used to ALL her attention.

Suffice to say, by the time I was ready to consider secondary educational options, Daddy was ready! Ready to reinforce his story ... to encourage me!

Smooches daddy ... I'll love & honor you always!!! :blowkiss:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back