South Africa : South Africans Forced to Eat Food Urinated On

Destee said:
South Africans Forced to Eat Food Urinated On

Outcry in SA over 'racist' video

Several white students in South Africa face criminal charges after allegedly forcing black campus employees to eat food that had been urinated on.

A video has surfaced which appears to show the students instructing five elderly workers to drink beer and perform athletic tasks.

At one point, the University of Free State employees are apparently forced to eat food which has been urinated on.

The BBC's Mpho Lakaje says the university is known for having predominantly white students since the days of apartheid.

In recent years it has encountered difficulties trying to integrate people from other racial groups, and the latest incident is viewed by many as a clear indication of racial intolerance, he says.

"It's not only the University of Free State," Mr Vamva said.

"We are saying that all these issues must be brought forward so that all the people of South Africa can see that racism is still a dominant feature in South African society."

Click Here To Read Entire Article

:heart:

Destee

This is not to mnimize but I saw clips from the video and it looked like the workers were playing some sort of Dare game and they "appeared" to be willing participants. It looked like they thought they were on some American reality TV show or something.

Correct Brother MenNefer,

The students claimed it was a competition, much like the popular show "fear factor" where particpants eat and perform unusual things - for prizes. The staff (elderly) played along - completely unaware of the malicious intent. I cannot imagine the horror and humiliation they are now facing.

Zulile

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/africa/02/27/saf.racist.video/index.html

Thanks Destee for the information and MenNefer, Zulile for the additions.

Zulile said:
Correct Brother MenNefer,

The students claimed it was a competition, much like the popular show "fear factor" where particpants eat and perform unusual things - for prizes. The staff (elderly) played along - completely unaware of the malicious intent. I cannot imagine the horror and humiliation they are now facing.
Zulile

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/africa/02/27/saf.racist.video/index.html

"It looked like they were willing [participants] but they didn't know what purpose...

One thing I also find interesting is the use of "alleged perpetrators" and "alleged victims".

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/alleged
Usage Note: An alleged burglar is someone who has been accused of being a burglar but against whom no charges have been proved. An alleged incident is an event that is said to have taken place but has not yet been verified. In their zeal to protect the rights of the accused, newspapers and law enforcement officials sometimes misuse alleged. Someone arrested for murder may be only an alleged murderer, for example, but is a real, not an alleged, suspect in that his or her status as a suspect is not in doubt. Similarly, if the money from a safe is known to have been stolen and not merely mislaid, then we may safely speak of a theft without having to qualify our description with alleged.

Seems the video PROVES there were in fact perpetrators and VICTIMS in what took place. What supports those women being "victims" is the FACT...THEY DID NOT KNOW THE PURPOSE. Had they known, the question would be..."would they have participated"? Of course, none can KNOW the answer to this...only suspect what it may be.
Besides, I've always found those shows...'dear factor' and the like to be totally unhumane and an atrocity. If people have millions to give away for the performance of perversive acts, why allow some many more to go hungry and homeless. A disgrace to the "human" race. And everytime people watch it...they participate in the madness by supporting the 'ratings' for the show. Just seems kinda Sick to me.

M.E.

:hearts2:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back