Pan Africanism : South Africans' long wait for land

Discussion in 'Black History - Culture - Panafricanism' started by panafrica, Oct 14, 2005.

1. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4718707.stm

2. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4340396.stm

3. plainrhythm

plainrhythm Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    riveting!

:great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great:
    may i ask a question brother pan? i've been a debate with the white scholars in my school and they feel that we, as black people are juat reversing the apartheid era... this text just reminded me of a girl who's family lost their land a while ago as well..

it took them a while to get back on their feet...

they all made pretty good arguments about the subject.. and sometimes it DOES depress me that kids in the first grade are learning more about racial segregation than they are their ABCs...
    i think it's great that we're getting back what's rightfully ours but... at what point is it all going to end?
    don't think i'm being disrespectful or anything, i just really wanna know.

4. panafrica

Ratings:
    +194
    Plainrhythm:

Political power means nothing without economic power. Blacks will continue to occupy the lower economic position in the country as long as they do not possess resources. Whites in South Africa hold over 87% of the land despite being only 7% of the country!! That is insane! It is numerically impossible for such numbers to exist in a country which does not have a legacy of slavery and colonialism. How do you think white gained possession of so much land? The stole it...plain and simple, and I´d like the white scholars at your school to try and argue otherwise! The only "reversing" that blacks in South Africa are doing, is the reversal of the damage to their prosperity and dignity during apartheid! The land needs to be redistributed in South Africa, and the rest of Africa needs to follow. It should have happened years ago.