Black Parenting : Sagging Pants: The Real Deal

I'm pretty sure it did start in prison, but it had nothing to do with backshots. Men in prison sagged because much like today many weren't allowed to have belts and you can imagine why.

The way people see this isn't a matter of generation. There are a number of reasons people have an issue with this behavior. Most of it I think boils down to pride and mentality.

Comparing this to other eras doesn't really make sense. The fashions of other eras were to a certain extent part of local cultures/communities. They weren't about imitating certain things, but rather expression and etc. They weren't corporate dictated uniforms.

I don't think anyone would suggest that men walk around with
skin tight pants or that they all find a tailor, but how many of these clowns have to eat pavement running to catch the bus before they start to think,"Hmmm, maybe just maybe this whole 'extra real' thing isn't for me." And I think teens deserve a pass, but once you hit a certain age you need to evolve.

Oh and can someone explain how one can be extra hood with their pants sagging while wearing a GLITTER-covered, BEDAZZLED shirt. Are leg warmers and strawberry shortcake sneakers "hood" too? I don't get it. These clowns have to make a choice, doo doo drawls pants sagging thug or my little pony poofball.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back