The true "Standard" of a "Real" so-called African "Man"

Discussion in 'Black Parenting' started by Akilah, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Akilah

Akilah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Scheduling Coordinator for large Health System
    Ratings:
    +36
    (Biting off of Brutha Moorfius' thread in the Sistah's forum...)

Anyone care to ponder and share :?:

Akilah :spinstar:

2. Akilah

Ratings:
    +36
    wow...

31 views and not a single reply...i'm shocked !

Anxiously awaiting,
    Akilah
    :pc:

3. FLATFOOTFLOOGIE

FLATFOOTFLOOGIE Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    THe brother's either REAL or Not REAL, and so is the sister.

I read the other thread, and I couldn't get past it's heading. I don't try to deal with convoluted questions as they can ONLY be misinterpreted - which I guess that would be just what the questioner would want, so they can then answer their convoluted question, and sound like a genius in doing so. Talk about insecurity, sheesh.LOL!

4. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hmmmm...I'm wondering if there is such a thing as a "standard" for a "real" so-called (why that term?) African man. :thinking: What exactly does that mean?

Sister Akilah...I guess I'll have to read Brother Moorfius' thread to get a sense as to what this means. To me, "standard" means something that is universally applied or demonstrated throughout a culture or process. It's a social custom and my question would be, is there such a thing for Black men? I'd truly love to be enlightened on this one because my sense is that without a homogenized culture, how could there be?

5. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    There is no standard......cuz everyone has different things that to them make-up a man......
    but then again I try to keep things as simple as possible

Red

6. I-khan

I-khan Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +47
    Not many people know what they truly want until they try what they cannot handle.........there are truly no standards since one thing is not good for everyone.

7. Akilah

Ratings:
    +36
    Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts :wink:

8. conflict

conflict Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    If I had to define a standard for the real African man It would be 1. A man of honesty and integrity. 2. A family man who loves women ( I dont believe in homosexuality) 3. A person who is willing to fight and die for what he believes in. 3. Humble and selfless

9. Akilah

Ratings:
    +36
    Ooops...there I go again....trying to be all intellectual and stuff...

That's good...I like and agree with what you've said here.
    The only thing I personally would amend, slighty, would be your 2nd characteristic by saying that : A family man who loves HIS woman, and all that this would naturally (to most sensible folk) entail; such as, respecting her, valuing her, helping/encouraging/uplifting/honoring her. Nevertheless, these traits are not going to manifest in each man in the same way.One man may believe that he's modeling this standard by simply going to work, coming home after work, playing w/ the kids for a while, and then taking out the garbage after dinner and walking the dog, whilst another man may exhibit this standard by pampering his wife when she get's home from work w/ a foot rub, bubble bath & glass of wine by candlelight, and her favorite dinner simmering on the stove. It's all relative to the guys mindset, upbringing, past experiences, observations, and possibly even socioeconomic level, and cultural backround to name just a few variables. So can this trait of loving your woman be a true standard of a real Afrikan man when the demonstration of that love can vary so dramatically from brutha to brutha ? Or is the particular manifestation of this love (barring physical, mental, verbal, and/or emotional abuse) totally irrelevant ?

10. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +27
    Every Culture has Standards "We" are no Exception Hopefuly*

Hotep

Speaking from a non-conformist to the system of white supremacy and understanding what must be done "Universaly" for the "African" to realize "Liberation"..."We" must have standards or "We" have "No" standards at "All". If a family don't have standards of high moral values for them selves...the children won't have any for them selves when they have families to raise. We (some) are quick to say that "We" are all different and that we are not a homogines people..."Well" that is unfortunatly true particulerly among Africans in Amerikkka to our "Great" dis-advantage as a "People". But it must be known that the "Negro" is the only fragment of a people on the planet that thinks in these "Fragmented-Terms"...hence the reason why most are still dis-respected by them selves first of all and no one else respects a people who don't understand who they are.
    "We have much, much, much, "More" in common than "We" don't have in Common"...but we have forgotten all about what it is to be a "Nation"! We don't like it when we are told the "Truth" and would rather like being left to our own ignorant, backward, lost of direction "Folly". As long as we continue to think and not understand that the system of whitesupermacy wants us to think this way because it is what "Keeps them in Power Over Us"...so this dis-com-bob-u-lated "Negro-Mind" set is incuraged to keep us from wake-ing-Up!
    This is Amerikkka...and we can do as we please...so we think...we are have-ing too much "Fun" doing our own "Thing"...what ever that is?! And what ever that is, it is not going to never, ever in a Trillion years Liberate "Us"...We are in for a very unfortunate and rude "Awakening" if it continues...there is "No" future for a people that is only "Consumers" and not even thinking about being "Producers" of their own Food, Clothing, Shelter, Education, Safty, Security, Future and most of all "Self-Determination". Remember: If you are not controling your own disteny...then that means someone else is! If you are not thinking to be absolutely self sufficient and self determining of your own "Future"...then some one else is!.........Why...African?? There are meny Africans in America who know who thay are and is doing something about all of the problems we see before "Us"...and "We" understand fully what it takes to be universaly excepted and respected among the worlds people because we know we must respect our self "First and Foremost". We understand that to be Liberated we must be and are prepaired to pay the "Price"...and will not except a compromise between Slavery & Self Determination that leads to Liberation. We understand that the struggle continues as we hold in the highest honor the sacrifices of our divine African Ancestors that demands our absolute and total liberation from the system of white supermacy for "Ever".
    The ancestors were not slaves who thought they were doing their own thing...who thought we are not to be a unified people...who thought they were something other than (African) what they are...they knew them self and the "Proof" of that is what they left behind. What will the legacy be in a thousand years for those (Negros) who lagg behind thinking their Europen white masters will continue to take care of them??

Ase`

Note: For those who are ready...you know who you are. For those who are not ready that is well and good for you. Proverb: Leave those to their folly that loves it.