Black People : Recent News....

I'm wondering how a "simple marijuana possession" charge becomes a federal offense?

How does that work, that you are charged by the feds for this?

Were you arrested on federal land or something?

Based on the news, it sounds like thousands will be impacted by Biden's pardon.

It's good, but I'm confused.

:heart:

Destee

I'm wondering how a "simple marijuana possession" charge becomes a federal offense?

How does that work, that you are charged by the feds for this?

Were you arrested on federal land or something?

Based on the news, it sounds like thousands will be impacted by Biden's pardon.

It's good, but I'm confused.

Destee

More on my confusion ... it seems Ari Melber cleared it up a bit. If no mistake, he said there are not currently any federal prisoners for "simple marijuana possession". No one will be getting out of prison due to this pardon. Biden's pardon makes it so the thousands that were federally convicted since the 70's, has the conviction removed from their record. Which is a good thing. There are currently 40,000 prisoners locked up for "simple marijuana possession" in state prisons across the country, which this pardon does not impact. I still wonder how one gets the charge via feds or state police. Anyway, here's Ari Melber on the topic :

Destee

I'm no lawyer.......
So imho I think it has to do with whether or not the feds want to prosecute because as I understand it possession of ANY schedule I drug is a federal crime. However if the state is already prosecuting and picking up the tab......the feds decline to do anything on their end even if it is within their prerogative to do so.

It's also why I think it's a bad idea to get into the 'legal' weed business on the basis of state's laws; on the books it's still a federal crime to own, buy or sell said product.....and with the feds in such flux these days and the SCOTUS hell bent on some kind of white christian nationalist jihad, literally over night one could find themselves on the run trying to evade a pot possession arrest warrant.

So,
Even if 'your' state law says it's okay........
If ya gonna do it keep it on the down low ya'll.

Just my humble opinion.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back