Black Entertainment : Real Housewives Of Atlanta (RHOA) and the booming business of black conflict..

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by skuderjaymes, Apr 21, 2014.

1. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
  2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071

Yeah, I just saw that ... The bull horn:hearthis: was completely over the top though. To me, Porsha showed a great deal of remorse, or was that protecting a paycheck :rofl:

3. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    You know that's all scripted don't you Clyde? WWF to the max. Even the way they laid down was coordinated..

4. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    Question I have though Clyde is.. why do black people get so excited about other black people fighting?..

sounds like a new thread title doesn't it?

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    At first, I thought that that segment wasn't scripted, but you are right, you could see and sense the phoniness behind it ... real talk.

WoW! Now that's seawater deep skuderjaymes. Maybe because we know its going to be a good fight, and I'm not being facetious, only trying to figure out the ... why ...

For sure, it would be a great Thread, if it gets pass our gender bashing posture, you know what I'm saying?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071
    In the Spirit of Update,

Kenya Moore Says She May Not Return to Real Housewives of Atlanta After Reunion Brawl With Porsha Williams

[​IMG]

Kenya Moore Says She May Not Return to Real Housewives of Atlanta After Reunion Brawl With Porsha Williams

Kenya cares enough to walk away. Real Housewives of Atlanta firebrand Kenya Moore says in a new interview that she's considering leaving the Bravo reality show after her reunion brawl with castmate Porsha Williams was televised Sunday, April 20.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/kenya-moore-says-she-may-not-return-real-190500758-us-weekly.html

7. I'm Becoming Me

I'm Becoming Me Well-Known Member MEMBER

Lover & Fighter...
    Ratings:
    +1,219
    Conflict and fighting on television is just the 'in' thing and has been for a while, not just with blacks..

8. CSmith

CSmith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +213
    This ridiculousness is rampant with black people all over the Internet and on Television. If you listen to some of the videos on WSHH of black people fighting with each other while black bystanders watch, you would think they were psychotic. Circling the fight, cackling with glee at the sight of someone being knocked out. They upload their video to the website and millions watch to be entertained, while it's destroying the culture and the community.

It's difficult to change culture. I've never watched this show on T.V., nor would I now. Waste of my time.

9. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,071

Uh-Oh: Civil Rights Group Targets Bravo Over ‘RHOA’ Fight

Read the full statement from ColorOfChange below.

From the Real Housewives of Atlanta reunion to the second season of Married to Medicine, the physical violence displayed during Bravo’s Sunday primetime lineup was deeply alarming. After weeks of promoting the RHOA reunion altercation, on Sunday executive producer Andy Cohen finally condemned the violent behavior of cast members — completely ignoring the staged hostile environment that provoked the altercation and the troubling pattern of violent, stereotypical portrayals of Black people across many of Bravo’s Black reality franchises.

Research shows that dehumanizing portrayals of Black people on television lead to real-world consequences for Black folks — influencing how we are treated by doctors, judges, teachers and lawmakers. No matter how entertaining, this should be the last fight between Black women that Bravo profits from.

http://blackamericaweb.com/2014/04/22/uh-oh-civil-rights-group-targets-bravo-over-rhoa-fight/

10. I'm Becoming Me

I'm Becoming Me Well-Known Member MEMBER

Lover & Fighter...
    Ratings:
    +1,219
    Hey Clyde.. :)

Ya know, about a month ago i was watching an episode of his show and all of a sudden i became utterly disgusted by the bickering and constant drama between the women. I mean out of nowhere Ii found myself disheartened by the show overall. I said to myself, "Why are you watching this dysfunction? This ish is really sad when you about it."

I stopped watching it until just two days ago i ran across this reunion show and saw fight. SMH!.

It really is disturbing when you really think about it.