Black Entertainment : That Real

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Enki, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928

This is the state we are in, and if you listen to the lyrics, you will see that they ring true...

Peace!

2. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    when i listen to this, i ask "why?" why are our young men so tied up in the streets, that they so easily fall prey to the traps white society has laid out for them? when we talk about cointel pro, and flooding our communities with drugs, alcohol, etc., to trap us...and flood the prison system with "us," you would think we would have learned something from all the misery we've been through...that we wouldn't make the same mistakes as those who came before us. yet, here we are, at the steps of the same traps that trapped those who came before us...handing control of our future over to someone else.

being the father of three black men, and grandfather of six young black men, i find the prospects for my grandchildren...and those coming behind them...appalling--and neither of my sons have been in prison, thankfully.

we have a ways to go to get to where we need to be, yes. it irritates me that we're not even on the right path to get us there.

3. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    I see more and more of us waking up. And we are passing the word along asking our people to wake up. This is why I posted this, not to entertain, but to shine light on a situation that is running us over. I like said, listen to the lyrics and you will be able to see it reflects out state.

Brutha Baller, we have to get back into teaching ourselves, and our young.

So if you can...do share...

Peace!

4. baller

baller Well-Known Member MEMBER

Canada
    Ratings:
    +836
    Brutha Enki, if i sound critical, please know i'm not critical of you...i agree with you. and i believe in the stance of "to each one, teach one...and two...and three...etc." it's just that i'm angry 'bout so much that's happening across the nation--cops killing our kids, prisons taking our kids, black-on-black crime, and then there's the drug situation.

for the "each one, teach one" practice to be effective, we, as parents, must be receptive to criticism of our kids. We're not; we'd rather shoot the messenger than correct the problem. so people take the attitude that, "it's none of my business." but our neighborhoods, and our kids, should be everyone's business. if we can't get beyond our selfishness, we cannot progress...we cannot prepare to fight the fight we should be fighting because it's all about SELF...and we're getting more selfish than unified.

5. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,928
    Baller my brutha....move over...you hoggin da boat bruh. Your anguish in this comment is the reason I posted this in the hopes that some one will see it, and wake up. I shared it on social media along with other blacks that are awoke.

Read my post here and you will see that you and I are on the same page, and that I share you pain in what is being done to us.
    https://destee.com/threads/minister...-are-about-that-life.84321/page-6#post-928529

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Yes Sir!!!! You've made a very good point.

I've seen this when I share things with people that have kids, they don't want to hear the truth. One day I did a test of FB. I shared something ignorant as I don't know what. It was a 3min video of blacks in a free for all fight. After about 4 min, I got likes and comments along with them. That is how I knew they too the time to watch it. Ok, I posted something that would educate them, is was a 2 min video I made of this guy. C.R. Patterson & Sons Company (1893-1939)

I got 3 likes and no comments in the first minute, which tells me they didn't watch the video. (It was about 2-1/2 mins long) And it passed away.

The point I'm trying to make is that many of us will gravitate towards ignorance before we will something that is about us, that will educate us.

Peace!

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

Nice flow and very creative, the issues could not have been framed any better, enjoyed it bro. Enki ... What are your thoughts on this?

Hell You Talmbout
    Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Aug 14, 2015