Black People : Race Verification for Online Discussions - How Is It Done?

haha!

Think about it. It IS called FACEbook, so,yes, it is kinda weird to be on FACEbook, and not show ur FACE! Lol!

Facebook was mostly intended for people who already know you. It's different now, but when it only allowed people with .edu e-mails from certain schools a lot of people had no pictures or they just uploaded one profile picture.

Web cam only site?

One Love, and PEACE

A webcam only site requires more bandwidth increasing costs and if anyone truly wants to have a black only site they should just come out and say so in bold letters within their site header and give notice to the world and also discourage all non blacks from joining, why beat around the bush. A precedent may be set however and many of you that likes this idea may come to regret it when other site owners begins to block black people from their sites. From my experience an open site is always the best policy, interactions between different types of backgrounds should always be welcomed. Seems as if some people fear losing a debate with "other" types of people and that will usually happen when you come to a debate unharmed or unable to express your thoughts.

Facebook was mostly intended for people who already know you. It's different now, but when it only allowed people with .edu e-mails from certain schools a lot of people had no pictures or they just uploaded one profile picture.

True, but like you said, it was intended for people who already knew it. In fact, you had to sign in to a network. And that goes to my point. If you are networking with people who already know you, they can verify your "race".

It's different among anonymous strangers with avatars and aliases.

A webcam only site requires more bandwidth increasing costs and if anyone truly wants to have a black only site they should just come out and say so in bold letters within their site header and give notice to the world and also discourage all non blacks from joining, why beat around the bush. A precedent may be set however and many of you that likes this idea may come to regret it when other site owners begins to block black people from their sites. From my experience an open site is always the best policy, interactions between different types of backgrounds should always be welcomed. Seems as if some people fear losing a debate with "other" types of people and that will usually happen when you come to a debate unharmed or unable to express your thoughts.

Got it (bandwidth costs); yet I do think that 'that' is likely the only way to really feel confident about resolving any race issue (forum question) outside of doing some kind of arranged *meet and greet* convention-type deal.

One Love, and PEACE

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back