Black People : Race Verification for Online Discussions - How Is It Done?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace and Blessings Family,

Is there a way to verify one's race prior to them taking part in an online discussion?

What would be the process, and have you already provided this verification yourself?

Are you sure beyond a reasonable doubt, willing to testify in court, of every Member's race?

What evidence are you basing the certainty on?

It can't be what they say ... for i have seen black men say the same thing as white men in these discussions ... it's just way harder to hear coming from the white man ... lol ... yeah i know ... i feel it too ... but the words are the same ... even the same energy in some cases ... so what they say alone, surely can't be your only determinant ... or is it?

Do we need some DNA ... maybe a video cam session prior to participation ... ?? ... what?

:heart:

Destee

2. crwn

crwn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +458
    So what if all websites that encourages people to sign up took that route, how do you think black people would fair, or how do you think many black persons would feel if they were denied the ability to participate in discussions of their interest. When people seek to deny others in this day and age from something that should be public, they ought to really think about what they are proposing. You may also consider making your site totally private that's one way, but your numbers would drop to dribs and drabs. Some of your members would love to have your site go that route, but the problem is they are not running a website and from what I've noticed so far a great deal of these people enjoy beating "dead horses" or are living on "Fantasy Island"

3. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    It's the wrong avenue to take. Face-to-face is the way to go, not an international public website.

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075

Asomfwaa,

I hope your point doesn't get lost in all of this, its always better to have fact-to-face, when possible.

5. crwn

United States
    Ratings:
    +458
    With the "gubment" watching everything why would anyone connect their face to any statement that they make, that's something only a fool would do.

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,075

Some of us take chances and aren't afraid of the government and its consequences, gonna die of something, might as well stand-up and be counted.

7. crwn

United States
    Ratings:
    +458
    I stand by my statement. Why don't you encourage the staff of this site to have all current and future members upload a verified photo in order to be a member, then we'll sit back and watch membership dwindle.

8. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    Careful . . .. You must be aware that Destee herself has her picture on this site.

But I know your point. The Public Education System breeds fear for Black Radicalness. As a result, those educated from its latest incarnations behave like cowards for a significant part.

9. crwn

United States
    Ratings:
    +458
    Some people are running businesses, some may have political or other aspirations and things they say now may come back to haunt them in the future.....like I said, I stand by my statement. I do realize that there are those among us that rush to action without careful assessments.

10. crwn

United States
    Ratings:
    +458
    Destee and staff must also watch what they say and moderate the site carefully as well or lose advertisement and who knows what else, anyone can have a blog or a crappy website that gets 1-3 views per week, but when others have struggled for years and put together something that should and will become more popular as time goes by that formula should not be messed with.