Black People : Race matters to 3-month-olds, studies find

SAMURAI36 said:
I have to disagree. If they can track a child's motor functions while in the womb, I don't see why any other information cannot be catalogued.

I've noticed that for many our people, ignorance continues to be its own excuse. We are perpetually content to BELIEVE anything, while never attempting to KNOW anything.

I KNOW for a fact that most children are going to pursue a mate, based on the qualities exhibited by the dominant members of the opposite sex within their family. I KNOW this, because this has been my experience.

This is both impirical, as well as anecdotal.

Further, to talk about what is "little known", is tantamount to selling yourself and our people short; just because something is little known, does not mean that the capability to know it is not present, nor will it ever be.

PEACE

I'm detecting frustration in this post. I'm not a researcher, but I do know that many times scientists and other researchers can find the results they're looking for due to bias. Therefore, I don't tend to accept everything I read that researchers have discovered immediately.

Infant development is not my field. Therefore I can choose to accept or question, what the researchers in this field discover. Many times, findings in this area and others are later refuted by further research.

I never said that anything is beyond our peoples' reach or that we lack the capability. You do realize that's coming from you.

Riada said:
My take on this is that AA children will accept/prefer both the darker and the lighter face equally (and be less prejudiced or have less of a preference) since they are exposed to each equally from the moment of birth for many (not all) of our children. Rarely is everyone around an AA child the same complexion. For ex. my father is darker and my mother and grandmother are light.

Whereas, white children will definitely develop the preference for the lighter face since mama, daddy, siblings, grandparents and others are most likely all the same complexion.

Riada, I'm inclined to believe that research....I believe it is normal/innate to gravitate to/prefer/accept that which mirrors the self. "Preferences" to the contrary are due to societal interference and "training"; it would explain why you've experienced preferential treatment by darker Blacks...especially men.

Research of ANY kind can be biased....usually is....but it doesn't necessarily mean it isn't true. If that article had stated that it's "normal" for infants to "prefer" the opposite complexion or race, it would STILL be biased and apt to be refuted.

Blaklioness said:
Riada, I'm inclined to believe that research....I believe it is normal/innate to gravitate to/prefer/accept that which mirrors the self. "Preferences" to the contrary are due to societal interference and "training"; it would explain why you've experienced preferential treatment by darker Blacks...especially men.

Research of ANY kind can be biased....usually is....but it doesn't necessarily mean it isn't true. If that article had stated that it's "normal" for infants to "prefer" the opposite complexion or race, it would STILL be biased and apt to be refuted.

I'm not understanding how this research supports darker Black men preferring lighter women? Using your theory, it would support these darker men preferring darker women. Or maybe you mean that "training" and "interference" has caused the men to prefer lighter women. But that wouldn't have anything to do with the research, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Yes, even if the article had stated that babies prefer the opposite complexion, I would still question it because it could still be biased. It seems that so often, findings are refuted.

SOCIETY DOSENT TEACH US TO LIKE WHAT WE ARE USED TO.. SCIENCE TELLS US THAT CHANGE.. WEITHER IT BE IN THE PPL IN YOUR ENVIORMENT.. OR IN SCHEDULE.. REAKS STRESS ON THE MIND. STRESS.. IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LOOK AROUND YOUR BOARD ROOM.. AND YOU SEE NO FACES THAT LOOK LIKE YOURS.. STRESS IS WHAT.. HAPPENS TO A CHILD.. WHEN THEY ARE IN THE ARMS.. OF SOMEONE OTHER THAN THAT WHICH THEY ARE USED TO.... DONT CONFUSE SOCIETY.. WITH SCIENCE. ...... SOCIAETY HAS NOTHING TO BASE THEIR HABITS ON... SCIENCE DOES..

militant said:
It is necessary to educate those misguided integrationists who go around saying "I dont see any color", "children were never born racist, but were taught by society".

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back