Black People : Race matters to 3-month-olds, studies find

panafrica said:
That was an irrelevant statement, as a one month old child's eyesight has not fully developed. This is something that most doctors and parents know.

As far as your responding to my post directly, I don't mind you responding to me. I've just noticed that you consistantly make comments on my posts, even when other members before and after me have essentially said the same thing. You always quote and comment on whatever I say. If I was bothered my this, I'd have pushed the warning icon instead of the one for laughter.

I think that in general, so little is actually KNOWN about what infants can see and hear until I wouldn't bet much on the validity of any of it. Too many findings across the board are reversed by later research.

:oops: Didn't see the laughing icon and ain't tryin to start nuthin.

Riada said:
I think that in general, so little is actually KNOWN about what infants can see and hear until I wouldn't bet much on the validity of any of it. Too many findings across the board are reversed by later research.

:oops: Didn't see the laughing icon and ain't tryin to start nuthin.

I have to disagree. If they can track a child's motor functions while in the womb, I don't see why any other information cannot be catalogued.

I've noticed that for many our people, ignorance continues to be its own excuse. We are perpetually content to BELIEVE anything, while never attempting to KNOW anything.

I KNOW for a fact that most children are going to pursue a mate, based on the qualities exhibited by the dominant members of the opposite sex within their family. I KNOW this, because this has been my experience.

This is both impirical, as well as anecdotal.

Further, to talk about what is "little known", is tantamount to selling yourself and our people short; just because something is little known, does not mean that the capability to know it is not present, nor will it ever be.

PEACE

Riada said:
Yes, there is the ability to develop it as well as the opportunity for them not to develop it. I don't know how helpful this finding is to AAs because our children will be exposed to lighter and darker family members no matter what. Many of them won't have the same chance to develop a preference for a darker face.

Why wouldn't they (especially darker children) have the same chance to develop a preference for a darker face if, as you say, within the Black community, they will be "exposed" to dark and light members?

Blaklioness said:
Why wouldn't they (especially darker children) have the same chance to develop a preference for a darker face if, as you say, within the Black community, they will be "exposed" to dark and light members?

My take on this is that AA children will accept/prefer both the darker and the lighter face equally (and be less prejudiced or have less of a preference) since they are exposed to each equally from the moment of birth for many (not all) of our children. Rarely is everyone around an AA child the same complexion. For ex. my father is darker and my mother and grandmother are light.

Whereas, white children will definitely develop the preference for the lighter face since mama, daddy, siblings, grandparents and others are most likely all the same complexion.

Riada said:
My take on this is that AA children will accept/prefer both the darker and the lighter face equally (and be less prejudiced or have less of a preference) since they are exposed to each equally from the moment of birth for many (not all) of our children. Rarely is everyone around an AA child the same complexion. For ex. my father is darker and my mother and grandmother are light.

Whereas, white children will definitely develop the preference for the lighter face since mama, daddy, siblings, grandparents and others are most likely all the same complexion.

OK, I agree with this. For some reason I thought you were saying something totally different.

My bad. :kickball:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Hi @Cindy .... :wave: ... :flowers: ... :wave: ... Happy New Year Beloved! Welcome Home! Good to see you! Much Much Love and Peace :heart:
Back