Omowale Jabali : Queen Nefertiti: Fact Or Fiction?

Was Queen Nefertiti a Black Woman?

• Total voters
PoeticManifesta said:
Last i checked.. Nefertiti's parentage was unknown,
her bust appears to be that of a black woman.. but we all know that egyptians do not consinder themselves black, and because of so many colonizations or the fertile crecent that many were of mixed heritage... especially greek/roman.. who conquered much of the known world at one point or another. I myself.. am not quick to "blackanize" everyone.. Egyptians are not black, they have made that clear.. and it is clear of thier milky complexion and olive undertones..
Black is such an obscure title.. covers so many groups of people...
how about a question like.. was Nefertiti.. greek,persian, peloponesian or something like that.. Black covers too many areas for me.. shes a sister because she is of african heritage.. but black.. i cannot agree to without further dna evidence.. and more info on her parentage.

!ST-If you went to egypt right now you will see Afrikan Black people. That are citizens but aRE SELDOM SHOWN ON NEWS FOOTAGE OR ANY OTHER
MEDIA.

2ND-tHOSE LIGHT SKINNED a-rabs that reside in Egypt today are not the original inhabitants as we all know.

you make a great point that there were blacks living in other countries. so a "greek" person could have been a black person as well.

keep in mind people a lot of these busts of so called Egyptians have been tampered with .

ShemsiEnTehuti said:
The fact that she was his "Great Royal Wife", or the Queen necessary to inherit the Kemetic throne given the culture was matriarchal/matrilineal, she must have at least been of Kemetic nobility. The Kemetic priests did not consider it a new Dynasty, so I would assume Nefertiti was the daughter of SitAmen or some other noblewoman.

Another thing, is not her name enough to state she was Kemetic? When Pharaohs took foreign wives, they usually still bore their foreign name, only translated (like Amenhotep III's many foreign wives). There is not much archaeological evidence to go off of that I am aware.

"The Kemetic priests did not consider it a new Dynasty, so I would assume Nefertiti was the daughter of SitAmen or some other woman."

Perhaps this is correct. In his book "Lost Secrets of the Sacred Ark", p.49, Laurence Gardner explains the motivation behind Pharaoh Amenophis III marrying his sister SITAMUN. He later asserts that the young Amenophis IV (Akhenaten) married his SISTER Nefertiti in a similar situation (like-father-like-son) to ensure his heir ascended to the throne. He therefore asserts that Nefertiti was the daughter of Amenophis III and his first wife-sister Sitamun.

However, if I accept Gardner's account it also means that it was not the "Levites" who inherited Akhenaten's legacy but the Aaronic Priesthood, since he equates "Aaron" with Smenkhare.

omowalejabali said:
However, if I accept Gardner's account it also means that it was not the "Levites" who inherited Akhenaten's legacy but the Aaronic Priesthood, since he equates "Aaron" with Smenkhare.

I don't think it matters. According to the Bible, Aaron was a Levite anyhow, so an Aaronic Priesthood would invariably be Levitical.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back