Omowale Jabali : MAKEDA, QUEEN OF SHEBA

Discussion in 'Omowale Jabali' started by Omowale Jabali, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    The meeting of King Solomom of Israel and the Queen of Sheba had significant repurcussions upon the fate of Israel and the matriarchy of Sheba (believed to be early Ethiopia), and has inspired writers, artists and readers for centuries. This chapter will compare several versions of the Solomon and Sheba story, including 1 Kings 10 in the Bible, and the story of Makeda, Queen of Sheba from the Ethiopic epic, the Kebra Nagast. It will explore the character of the Queen of Sheba, and the singificance of relationship with King Solomon-both personally and politically.

for more..http://www.windweaver.com/sheba/Sheba.htm

Brothers and Sisters,

For the past two days I have decided to share information concerning Biblical personages within the context of ETHIOPIAN RELIGIOUS TRADITION. I am not sure where one person is getting their information that suggest that my information is from the "white man". I give as references websites because of the rules and regulations of Destee.com in regards to copyright infringement. I can not quote extensively from the many books I have in my posession because obtaining permission from various publishers would be very time consuming. Many of the websites I provide as references contain basic information that is common knowledge and generally accepted. In regards to the validity of the material, I suggest that when speaking of Ethiopian, Khemetic or Cu****ic HISTORICAL PERSONAGES and BIBLICAL CHARACTERS that the best course of action is to reference those very same ETHIOPIAN, KHEMETIC OR CU****IC sources and PROVIDE references to said source material. My main frame of reference is the Septuagint, the Kebra Nagast, and sacred-liturgical texts of the Ethiopian and Egyptian Coptic and Orthodox Churches, as well as the Nag Hammadi library and other writings of the EGYPTIAN, KHEMETIC, ETHIOPIC "Essenes".

Peace & Blessings,
    brother Omowale.
    :kiss1:

Note: In reference to the so-called Lost Tribe of "Judah"..
    There is an ETHIOPIC belief that there are TWO lines of descendants of Solomon by ETHIOPIAN. Besides Menyelik, it is believed by some that Solomon fathered a DAUGHTER, and this hereditary line is separate and distinct from the Solomonic line through Menyelik by Makeda, Queen of Sheba (Saba).

Furthermore, in reference to the europeanized "Judah" there was an ETHIOPIAN line of QUEENS that were known as the "Yudits" (or "Judiths").

Chief among them was Felasha (Ethiopian Jewish) warrior Queen GUDIT who seized power of AKSUM in the late 10th century.

for more..http://www.zum.de/whkmla/region/eastafrica/zagwe.html

2. Dual Karnayn

Dual Karnayn Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Nothing personal Omowale....

The story of Queen of Sheba and Kind Solomon having a romance is a LIE straight up out of the pits of hell!

A lie WHITE JEWS made up and taught other people to explain why so many Hebrews in Ethiopia were Black.

A LIE trying to portray the Queen of Sheba as some sort of whore who went chasing after a white man and had a baby by him.

Then that baby (Menelik) grew up and "stole" the Ark of the Covenant and brought it back to Ethiopia.

I'll say it again so everybody reading it will understand it's a d*mnable LIE.

You say "But it's in the Kebra Nagast, the Ethiopian epic!"

So what, some Ethiopians also where the star of David and practice Talmudic Judaism...because they were TAUGHT to by white Jews.

The Kebra Nagast can't even be traced back past the 13th century so how valid is that?

Here as some facts:

-Solomon and the Queen of Sheba WAS NOT an "interracial romance"; both were brown skinned Asians.

-SHEBA is a corruption of the word SABA which was ancient YEMEN not Ethiopia.

-She did NOT play the whore and have some baby by a white Jew to bring back and rule her people.

There is NO EVIDENCE from Islamic or ancient Hebrew scriptures and history stating this d*mn lie ever happened and the Koran CLEARS brother Solomon of the lies that were told about him.
    If fools want to believe it, they have my permission to continue believing.

Solomon was known to love women of different cultures, but he wasn't a whoremonger nor did he practice witch-craft.

-The reason the Ark of the Covenant is in Ethiopia is because the REAL ISRAELITES took it there when they settle down thier over 2000 years ago.
    Not because some half-caste illegitimate son "stole" it and brought it down there.

Yall can take those facts or leave them alone, I don't care.

3. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    I don't expect a "Muslim" to objectively have Supreme Knowledge concerning Our Story and Praise My Ancestors for their bravery in warding off the "infidels".

4. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Your "facts" are nonsense.

For one, who said anything about a relationship between Makeda and King DAVID?

5. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    Omowale

What are you talking about?

The myth is about the Queen of Sheba and Solomon, not David.

6. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    LOL!

You edited ur post late.

Read the quote!

7. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    "Kind" Solomon ?

*smh*

:eek:hmy:

8. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Let us scrutinize some of these "facts" as they have been demonstrated here:

If this is the case (which I do believe it to be, just not for the reasons that you assert), then that places the Bible itself within a very dangerous position.

How then, do you explain the book in the Bible known as the SONG OF SOLOMON?

This book was a declaration of love and marriage between Solomon and Sheba. Meaning, both Solomon and Sheba gave verses--it wasn't just Solomon writing.

That would have been the case, if we let the Bible tell the story.....

I agree, such a **** shame, the way are people have been duped into believing in the Bible this way. :(

No less so than the Bible itself, apparently. Yet, I'm amazed as to how you can casually dismiss one questionable work, in favor of another.

WRONG:

First, SHEBA was of African stock. Even if we go by her own account:

1:5 I [am] black, but comely, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, as the tents of Kedar, as the curtains of Solomon.

1:6 Look not upon me, because I [am] black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; [but] mine own vineyard have I not kept.

--SONG OF SOLOMON

However, Solomon himself was anything but "brown".

According to Sheba in the Song of Solomon:

Sgs 5:10 My beloved [is] white and ruddy, the chiefest among ten thousand.

Sgs 5:11 His head [is as] the most fine gold, his locks [are] bushy, [and] black as a raven.

Sgs 5:12 His eyes [are] as [the eyes] of doves by the rivers of waters, washed with milk, [and] fitly set.

Sgs 5:13 His cheeks [are] as a bed of spices, [as] sweet flowers: his lips [like] lilies, dropping sweet smelling myrrh.

Sgs 5:14 His hands [are as] gold rings set with the beryl: his belly [is as] bright ivory overlaid [with] sapphires.

Does this sound like a "brown skinned Asian" to you?

I'm always amazed at how people attempt to look at the ancient world through the eyes of a post-modern cartographer.

Look at a current map; do you have any idea how small Yemen is now? And do you know how expansive the province of Saba was?

That nation took up most of Southern Arabia, and much of Eastern Africa.

I agree, thought that's not what your Bible says.

You clearly have not read either book, then.

In addition to Song Of Solomon as I sited above, Surah 27 of the QUR'AN goes into sufficient detail about Sheba and Solomon (no doubt, just reiterating this inter-tribal folktale).

What versions of the Bible and Qur'an are you reading, that you've managed to miss this? :?:

I'm not sure where the witchcraft notion comes from (but given your ignorance about such a practice, who cares), but Solomon was indeed a womanizer of the worst kind:

1 Kings - Chapter 11

1Ki 11:1 But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, [and] Hittites;

1Ki 11:2 Of the nations [concerning] which the LORD said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: [for] surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love.

1Ki 11:3 And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.

1Ki 11:4 For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, [that] his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as [was] the heart of David his father.

1Ki 11:5 For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.

1Ki 11:6 And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as [did] David his father.

Hmm, so hear we see that Solomon not only had a woman for every strand of hair on his head, but also that he worshipped "abomination" gods.....Not sure if that's what you mean by "witchcraft", but it certainly sounds close enough.

Show and prove that these "REAL ISRAELITES" did any such thing.

Seeing as how these are anything but "facts", I'll leave them alone, if you don't mind.

PEACE

9. Dual Karnayn

Ratings:
    +7
    Samurai

You've raised a number of intersting points, even though you never stated YOUR position on the Solomon/Queen of Sheba story.
    And I'm inclined to agree with most of them.

But who has confirmed that the Songs of Solomon you're referencing from is a letigimate book about Solomon and Sheba?

For one, the names Sheba, Mekada, and Bilkees aren't mentioned one time and only vague references to Solomon are mentioned.
    It certainly wasn't produced by a Prophet or Messenger of God, it's basically a collection of poems and love-notes.

I personally place no more faith in that book as I place in the Kebra Nagast.

Also, are you suggesting that Solomon was a white man?

10. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    You're correct, I hadn't stated my position on that story, mainly because I didn't find it relevant to my response here.

However, I've no problem stating it here and now, since it has been specifically asked of me:

Looking at history, I mostly find the SOLOMON/SHEBA story to be a falsehood; one of many that our people--in this case, the Ethiopians--have been duped into assimilating into and/or as a part of their own, already rich and brilliant history.

The result of this, as with whenever we as a diversified people attempt to do this, ends in us not only being taken further and further from the truth and knowledge of our own pre-established history, but also serves to have us continue to look to an outside force (in this case, the Eurasian Jew) as the default for various and sundry learning endeavors.

For example, when it comes to academic and/or scholarly learning, we are usually made to look to the Greeks and Romans for their philosophy, science, etc.

In this case, and when it comes to religion and/or spirituality proper, we are almost always made to look to the Jews/Hebrews/Israelites, for their alleged contributions to having established a relationship to the Creator, spiritual salvation, etc.

The problem with both these aspects (academic and/or spiritual), is that neither of the reputed parties actually contributed anything in their respective pursuits; contrarily, we find that nearly all of their valued accreditations stem from their respective connections with people like the Kemetians and Sumerians.

Solomon and Sheba are no different.

Solomon is painted as this "go-to man" for wealth and wisdom "in all the land" during that time period, yet assuming that he actually exsisted in the first place, he would have only lorded over a territory roughly the size of New Jersey (mostly desert), and with a populace of about 15-20,0000 people.

In the meantime, Sheba reigned over an extremely expansive region, more than the size of the United States, with quite an impressive military.

One of the many problems I have with the Solomon/Sheba story from both the Bible and Qur'an (the latter apparently just a reiteration of the former), is that it paints Sheba as this needy woman with low self esteem, who is in dire need of a male to sit on the throne with her. Nothing could be further from the truth.

In reality, Solomon needed (an acquired) far more from her, than she ever could have from him. Also, taking into account, as our brother Omowalejabali had originally stated, being that the reign of Sheba's was a wholly and successively matriarchial one, there was absolutely no need for a male presence of royalty. Being that Solomon (of Eurasian Hyksosian linneage) was very patriarchial (not to mention misogynistic), he would have had her sign over all her ownerships (land, military, wealth, etc) as Queen as his own.

I ask again, what would she have gained from such a venture?

This all the more brings the credibility of this union into question.

For the sake of discussion, would you mind cataloguing which aspects you agree with, and those that you don't?

I'd be willing to concede this point, however, it only belabors the issue about the Bible as a whole........Couldn't the same question about the Bible in every/all parts be just as easily and validly posed?

Personally, I'm quite happy to write off the S.O.S. as a load of crap, but then, I'm just as happy to do the very same to the rest of the Bible.

While I agree, that doesn't necessarily serve as a standard for scrutiny.

Not all of the Bible pertains to God and his mandates; lest you feel that the books of Chronicles is no less relevant?

Moreover, what it does mention is a man and a woman, apparently of reknown, one obviously Black (the female), and one obviously non-Black (the male). Both professing what appears to be a forbidden love for one another.

Do you feel that the S.O.S is an invalid work as a whole, or that it is simply speaking of 2 totally different people?

I agree, but again, should this not apply to the Bible as a whole as well?

And I'm curious; one of your earlier statements (to which I had originally replied) mentions the Qur'an.......What is your standpoint on it's credibility in this scenario?

The Qur'an does in fact mention Solomon and Sheba by name, in reference to their matrimony. What say you to this?

The S.O.S. certainly seems to suggest it, doesn't it?

Nonetheless, I do indeed assert that Solomon was more or less as white boy.

A Eurasian, specifically, from the Hittite lineage that his "Hebrew" forefathers originated from.

PEACE