Omowale Jabali : Queen Nefertiti: Fact Or Fiction?

Was Queen Nefertiti a Black Woman?

• Total voters
PEACE POETIC:

PoeticManifesta said:
Last i checked.. Nefertiti's parentage was unknown,
her bust appears to be that of a black woman.. but we all know that egyptians do not consinder themselves black, and because of so many colonizations or the fertile crecent that many were of mixed heritage... especially greek/roman.. who conquered much of the known world at one point or another. I myself.. am not quick to "blackanize" everyone.. Egyptians are not black, they have made that clear.. and it is clear of thier milky complexion and olive undertones..
Black is such an obscure title.. covers so many groups of people...
how about a question like.. was Nefertiti.. greek,persian, peloponesian or something like that.. Black covers too many areas for me.. shes a sister because she is of african heritage.. but black.. i cannot agree to without further dna evidence.. and more info on her parentage.

I would have to disagree with this.....I think what you are speaking about, is MODERN Egyptians, and it is true that a great portion of them are not Black.

But the modern-day Nubians are indeed Black.

However, what we are speaking of, is the Ancient peoples of Kemet. And they were indeed Black.

PEACE

PoeticManifesta said:
Last i checked.. Nefertiti's parentage was unknown,
her bust appears to be that of a black woman.. but we all know that egyptians do not consinder themselves black, and because of so many colonizations or the fertile crecent that many were of mixed heritage... especially greek/roman.. who conquered much of the known world at one point or another. I myself.. am not quick to "blackanize" everyone.. Egyptians are not black, they have made that clear.. and it is clear of thier milky complexion and olive undertones..
Black is such an obscure title.. covers so many groups of people...
how about a question like.. was Nefertiti.. greek,persian, peloponesian or something like that.. Black covers too many areas for me.. shes a sister because she is of african heritage.. but black.. i cannot agree to without further dna evidence.. and more info on her parentage.

Sis...you are way off base. The people of Kemet clearly stated they were Black. The name "Kem" means burnt black, where "Kemet" means "Land of the Blacks. They referred to their ancestral land as "the land of God (or neterw)" at the beginning of the Nile (which is by Lake Victoria) in South Central Africa. Notice the big Central-African booty on Queen Eti of Punt along with her husband King Perehu...

http://www.hp.uab.edu/image_archive/um/relief02.jpg

This is a relief of when Queen Hatshepsut went to Punt to pay tribute to their ancestors. You can clearly see that these are people painted black. Then last, but not least, here is a relief on the tomb walls of Ramses II and others during the 18th and 19th Dynasties depicting the 4 groups of men known to the Egyptians...

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3003/lepsius4groupsrg8.jpg

There is absolutely no difference shown between the Egyptian and the rest of their African neighbors.

As for your comments about Greek, Persian, and whatever blood, those people didn't successfully invade Kemet until the very end of the Dynasties.

PEACE SHEMSI:

ShemsiEnTehuti said:
The fact that she was his "Great Royal Wife", or the Queen necessary to inherit the Kemetic throne given the culture was matriarchal/matrilineal, she must have at least been of Kemetic nobility. The Kemetic priests did not consider it a new Dynasty, so I would assume Nefertiti was the daughter of SitAmen or some other noblewoman.

Another thing, is not her name enough to state she was Kemetic? When Pharaohs took foreign wives, they usually still bore their foreign name, only translated (like Amenhotep III's many foreign wives). There is not much archaeological evidence to go off of that I am aware.

I'd have to disagree with this.

For example, Queen TAUSERTI was a Hittite woman who married Merenptah. Her name was changed to the Kemetic, and her Hittite name was stricken.

There are other examples of this. It's no different than us dropping our "government names" for the sake of our cultural ones.

HOTEPU

Nefertiti's Family

PoeticManifesta said:
A hell of alot.. persians, romans,pelopinesians,greeks.....
they wernt just white then though.. they actually knew where they came from.. not the euro crap we got today.
a great number ppl of the crecent were of mixed heritage.. because that area was the most conquered of all.

http://www.glintofgold.org/palace/bio/nefertiti.html

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back