Black People : Paula Deen - Dogg Bounty Hunter - Imus - Black People Can Be Killed or Mistreated With Impunity

Which is exactly why we need to stop using the language of our oppressors because I believe ALL of us know the history of the word and the meaning and intent behind it and some of us know it to a greater degree than others.

Nevertheless, we KNOW it's a word meant to demean, belittle, emasculate and portray us as being less than human. I don't care how some people may try to convince us today that when Black people say the N-word, it removes the sting and changes the meaning. I don't believe it.

The seed of evil has been planted in our minds and many of us are helping to keep its poison alive by watering it whenever the word comes out of our mouths.

And, anytime a white person says it, our mental state is snatched back into the past at a time when the word was used with a snarl and loaded with venom and hatred and we're reminded of that time not so long ago when we were once their property/slaves to do their bidding and powerless to do anything else.

It's poison...

Everything you wrote can be said about the "Dago" Italian, the "kike" Jew, the "greaseball/wetback" Mexican. Only diff is, they don't call each other those names before non-Italians/Jews/Mexicans and NONE of their members earn their living making "music" out of those racial slurs given to them by white and/or other white people.

You don't want whites saying it.... if it distresses you when whites say it - stop saying the N word around whites!

I believe your argument is rather simplified, and lays more blame on blacks, who in an effort to try to turn an ugly thing around and own it, stumbled and made a different sort of monster.

You give blacks more blame than the ones who began throwing around the N-word to begin with to demean us. They thought it was okay to say it to blacks even before blacks glorified it, so what I believe is in agreement with NNQueen; that is, it stands as hypocrisy to continue the usage like a wonderful thing, but get angry when used by another, but it no more convinces nor says to whites that it's okay to say it than they were already convinced, in their own head that it's their right to say it, already.

IMHO the N-word is much to do about nothing! :( We have much bigger fish to fry. When the word was in the dictionary in the late 50s and early 60s, it had one definition and one definition only, i.e., ANY MEMBER OF THE DARK SKINNED RACE, period. ;) Coming from one of our own it could be a term of endearment, a compliment, or an insult. Coming from one outside of our race it was always an insult, and fighting words notwithstanding its definition. We used it as a good excuse to smack a non-Afrikan during the struggle to integrate white schools. Most of us children didn't want to go to school with whites. That's a side of said struggle that is never told.

P.S. Will you be attending the March on Washington on August 24, 2013

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back