Black People : Paula Deen - Dogg Bounty Hunter - Imus - Black People Can Be Killed or Mistreated With Impunity

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Destee, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,685
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I see the talk of Paula Deen, and even read where she's already got another television program offer after her racial slurs and such. But this should be no surprise. We've seen it time and time again. Dogg the Bounty Hunter, Imus the radio dj, and countless others ... there is no consequence for killing or mistreating black people in this country / world.

Yeah ... noise is made, but that's all ... none of them actually lose money, freedom, etc.

Killing Black People has been done with impunity in this country ... so you know calling us the N word ... the name they gave us ... is hardly gonna rise to any great levels of indignation amongst their own.

Few white people have gone to prison, or rec'd anything substantive when it comes to mistreating black people.

We can probably name one or two (or even a few) cases where white men / women were held to some kind of justice for killing or mistreating black people ... but it does not come any where close to the numbers that need prosecution.

That's what Mr. Neely Fuller refers to as ... the price of doing business.

They can't let EVERY SINGLE ONE get away with murder and mistreatment (while maintaining their fair composure) ... so yeah .. they send one or two to prison in a couple hundred year period ... but overwhelmingly ... nothing happens to them for killing and mistreating us.

Calling a Black Person the N word publicly ... generally means more money for them in the long run.

:heart:

Destee

2. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    And she'll be more popular than ever.
    Example........ Don Imus.

3. sekou kasimu

sekou kasimu PanAfrikanist Revolutionary MEMBER

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +864

4. Honey1201

Honey1201 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +188
  5. Honey1201

Honey1201 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +188
    :oops: not..Laura. I'm not surprised thought with her fowel and crazy mouth. And she is still on the radio so I dont know why she told that lie.

6. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    The point has been made about white people's use of the N-word before, but in a convo of this sort, it has to be made again - if black people don't want whites using the N-word, stop using it around them, stop glorifying, celebritizing, those MAKING MONEY off the use of the N-word. We can't control our own; don't expect white folks to control them for us. In the case of rappers, they even PAY them to hear it out loud! :10500:

7. sekou kasimu

sekou kasimu PanAfrikanist Revolutionary MEMBER

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +864
    Circle the wagons and then what? :)

8. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,318
    I'm trying to understand; if blacks don't want whites using it, how will blacks ceasing to use it around them, along with all else you stated, do anything to help that?

Wasn't it used by whites when the word wasn't glorified by blacks? How will it help change a thing going back to that? Even if it eliminates the fallacious argument often used to justify it's usage by whites(i.e., rappers say it every other word, so why can't I?), how will it actually help stop them from using it? Won't the "freedom of speech" argument still be used instead?

Though it should be understood, I'm not for using it at all, truly. I'd much rather my own name, and using the name of whomever I'm speaking to. :) I'm just trying to understand what's being stated.

9. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,864
    Sis. Angela22, I know you didn't quote me in your post but I hope you and Sis. Kadijah will allow me to add my thoughts in reference to your question, if I may.

Using the N-word makes Black people look like hypocrites and just plain dumb.

When white people use the N-word and we, Black people, find it offensive, then Black people shouldn't use the word either. Especially Black people who are in the public eye.

Will white people stop using the N-word when Black people stop? Using the SWAG theory, I would say, no. But . . . how is it that SOME of us give the word a pass, then get upset like the dickens when others think they can and do use it?

Setting an example--living our truth and sticking to our beliefs by us NOT using that word, and giving all the reasons why no one else should either, will give us a stronger argument to abhor those that do.

MHO :)

10. THE-GOD

THE-GOD Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +128
    White folks talk about "black folks" behind closed doors anyway, the N-word is irrelevant, did Paula Deen eve use the N-word? or did she just talk trash.