Black People : on waiting for change:

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by ifasehun, Aug 31, 2003.

1. ifasehun

ifasehun Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Delete

2. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    Co-sign with everything you said!!

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,677
    :toast:

4. soul_doctor73

soul_doctor73 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2

1. Have you posted this anywhere else on the net? It's a forceful declaration of what the struggle is all about. It gets right to the heart of the matter. It cuts through the propaganda of doctrine, the pretense of faith, and the deception of belief only religions.

It orients the focus of progress on the individual as a unit of the whole. Nothing in the history of mankind has ever been changed without the effort or desire or will of someone or 'ones' initiating that change by personal action.

I am participating in my own spiritual revolution with a physical effort to effect conscious change in social reform. The truth of which is easily discerned in my posts. I am hated and rediculed because of it. I am perceived as self-righteous because it is assumed I believe myself to be. I already live it. I am willing to die for it. I have taken the heat and the scorn and the hate for it. My outline would fill a book if I took all my replies and posts from these forums.

But I lead no one, I started my movement alone, and I don't want to be anyone's 'leader'. The only thing I want, the only thing I *need* is for someone to hear my message: Love.

Shut up *and* put up. Get with the program. Put your money where your mouth is. Actions speak louder than words.

It is said, a picture is worth a thousand words. The thousand words in this context could theoretically be an infinite number, the words are undefined as the picture is yet 'untaken'.

Now 'Picture' Love.

Does anyone *see* me?
        Hear me?
        Feel me?

But I digress. Sometimes I get carried away.

5. SUNkissed

SUNkissed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    peace to everyone in the forum....
    hmmmm.... kinda crazy....NUTS!!.....but in GOOD....company...........you are NEVER alone.
    seen.
    heard.
    felt.

6. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Brotha, i have an elixir brewing that will :flamet: the oyinbo by way of Ra, be ready to :jumping:

Seriously

7. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115
    Ifasehun---

Very well put!!!!!

Soul Doc--

Is there someone on this forum who hates you??

I hope you do not confuse my (and others') disagreement with SOME of what you have to say as hate and/or ridicule. It is merely a different understanding of what truth is (and most truth is relative)...this is all I try to get you to come to terms with. The poke at you about being self-righteous was not meant in malice (and i apologize if it came across that way). It was more a statement that I made because it 'seemed' as if you placed yourself above others simply because of your beliefs. Because they are your beliefs does not make them TRUTH...this was my intent ....not to propogate hate or ridicule.

I am trying to hear/see your message: Love. But as of yet I have not...so please direct me to the post where you direct us to this message.

as always
    peace and love

8. soul_doctor73

Ratings:
    +2
    A007: This forum is but one of all that I frequent. My being self-righteous is a recurring theme in almost every reply I receive. Much of what you write appears to be the general concensus: my personal 'beliefs'. Even though I have painstakenly taken the time to define the nature of my 'belief' as no such thing. I believe nothing. I've investigated everything I could ever want to know about religion and the beliefs concerned with them. I want no part of it.

As for Truth, there is nothing relative about Truth. If Truth were relative, nothing could be defined in absolute terms. There is Truth of a singular nature. Such concepts apply regardless of personal perceptions. There is nothing relative about Death. We all die. That is Truth. Not my *personal opinion*. Love is Truth also. There is nothing relative about it either. Everyone has a well defined understanding of what is 'right and wrong'.

Is 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you' relative? Is it a 'Truth'? If not, then I would be forced to apologize for wasting your time, and everyone else's.

I don't see anyone here as an enemy of mine or as harboring hatred for me. But this is *one* board. I've been around for a while.

That link: http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=Cujago

At least there, *no one* complains. :)

9. A007

A007 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +115
    "most truth is relative"

When I said MOST truth is relative...I recognized the fact that SOME things should be labeled as truth....undeniable AND eternal....but there are VERY few things that fall into that category....ESPECIALLY when it comes to right and wrong. Some people HONESTLY and whole-heartedly believe that abortion is right.....does that make it so? You believe wearing sexy clothes is wrong....does that make it so? As for you referrence to death...some people believe that we never 'DIE' but simply move from one source of energy to another (but still living). Soooo....who is to say that they are wrong?

"Love is Truth also"

This statement is not true. This would mean that love has one universal definition and expression. As we all know.....this could not be further from the truth.

"Is 'do unto others as you would have them do unto you' relative? Is it a 'Truth'? If not, then I would be forced to apologize for wasting your time, and everyone else's."

It is truth only to people who believe it to be a beneficial way to conduct themselves and trust me there are plenty of people who are doing very well in this life without subscribing to this tenant. So to them it is not truth....so wouldn't that makes this saying a 'relative' truth??

peace and love.

10. soul_doctor73

Ratings:
    +2
    Interesting argument. In applying the same perspective, I notice a few things you appear to have dismissed initially.

What supports your position on this? You define 'very few' things as undeniable Truth without listing the reason for this assertion. Right and wrong are both absolute, what varies is the application of it. What a person perceives to be right is often so from a self reflective point of view. We know wrong when we are wronged. I define wrong as something one should never do to another that will cause a negative reaction. I am speaking philosophically, so being offended at having to do something you don't want to would not apply. From this perspective, to do 'right' is related only in the case of another individual, their emotional reaction to an personal wrong, and what caused the reaction in the frist place.

Clothing cannot intentional 'wrong' another individual. Abortion denies Life to that which would live. The decision to terminate is personal in nature. Medically prescribed abortions to preserve Life are a 'reason' if one decides to accept an authority. Lack of funds or personal capability only 'appear' to be.

God is Love. God is Truth. God is Universal. The human perception of Love is what you are using to refute my statement. Human perceptions often exclude spiritual origins. If God is not defined as Aboslute Love, then you would, in essence be 'right'. But man's definition of love is anything but well defined. It rarely includes care for strangers as one would care for one's biological child. God Loves regardless of family ties. God sees humanity as One and Loves us in that way. I see that as a definite expression of Universal Truth. Which is the Truth I seek to apply.

Here 'life', 'well', and 'beneficial conduct' are not specified as material, yet your use of them appear to lack spiritual significance. Certainly an investor unconcerned about *how* he gains would not fear to corner the market. If the same invester were endowed with Brotherly Love, would he apply the same tactics? I do not believe gain would be a concern in such a case.

Spiritually, Unity has always been the goal, and man as One can only be achieved through Brotherly Love. Which frowns upon placing personal material concerns over those common to all.

Humanity is a single individual with many parts, much in the same way the Roman's described their church. But in this case the Most High is the Head, the earth is the 'church', and humanity its members.

But I prefer to see all humanity as gods, and I see it as a personal responsibility to conduct myself with you as I would with the Most High.

One Love among Brothers is True Peace among All.
    Peace and Love, Brother.