Black Spirituality Religion : Must One Master the Body, Before the Spirit Can Be?

Destee

destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

Sister True shared a wonderful thread on Society of Kemetic Yoga and I got the distinct impression that one's body must be in tip top physical shape in order to achieve some of what was demonstrated in that video.

Also in the video, there was an image of a pyramid, with the natural body at the base and the Innermost Spirit at the top. It seemed to suggest that one must first master the body before even moving on to master the Spirit.

I captured the image below from the video. Am I understanding properly?

kemetic-yoga.jpg

Deep stuff, because I know my body is not where it should be. I'm gonna work on that though. But I know I'm not alone. Many of us have bodies, that if required to use them to survive any physically strenuous kind of environment, we'd probably die.

Can one be Spiritually Masterful, while neglecting, abusing, or simply not taking care of their body properly, first?

Please share your thoughts Family, and thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

Sister True shared a wonderful thread on Society of Kemetic Yoga and I got the distinct impression that one's body must be in tip top physical shape in order to achieve some of what was demonstrated in that video.

Also in the video, there was an image of a pyramid, with the natural body at the base and the Innermost Spirit at the top. It seemed to suggest that one must first master the body before even moving on to master the Spirit.

kemetic-yoga.jpg

Deep stuff, because I know my body is not where it should be. I'm gonna work on that though. But I know I'm not alone. Many of us have bodies, that if required to use them to survive any physically strenuous kind of environment, we'd probably die.

Can one be Spiritually Masterful, while neglecting, abusing, or simply not taking care of their body properly, first?

Destee
Absolutely not,

but one can make great spiritual progress while working on the body since everthing about the spirit is already wth you, it just simply must be uncovered, also folks should not be stressed about thier physcal condition but accept themselves as they are at the moment and then make a commitment to improve, gradualy, at ones own pace but consistently,
because negative thoughts, concious and subconcious about oneself are the greatest impediment to spiritual progress and enlightenment

kemetic-yoga.jpg

Destee

I TOO AM CURIOUS.....I AM ABOUT TO CHANGE MY WORK HABITS SO I CAN MAKE TIME TO EXERCISE , READ & WRITE....

I SAW THE VIDEO....AND THE ONE PHRASE THAT KEPT COMING TO MIND WAS....." IN TUNE ".......

I'M LISTENING....

WARRIOR

being in one's Spirit will encourage one to be in spirit with one's body, mind and everything else (that of Spirit/Nature which is outside of one's Self).

one will, essentially, gravitate toward stuff that is positive, such as taking care of one's body, almost without even thinking about it simply because it's a thing that the Spirit wants to do.

basically, this is the Essence of "Spirituality".

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back