Black Sports : Mosley KO's Vargas in 6th on perfect left hook

Monetary

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 15, 2002
Detroit, MI
members.blackplanet.com
Occupation
Economist
Well, that settles that. Mosley is the better man last night and on Feb. 25th.

I think Vargas is done. I thought if he had fought the way he did in their last fight that he may have a chance at a few more fights even if he lost against Shane. But, that's all down the drain now.

Mosley, of course, was too quick. Even Mosley's jab was snapping Vargas' head back. The overhand right was there as well...although Mosley didn't through as many last night as he did in the last fight. Mosley was just too quick for Vargas.

Vargas was much faster...and stronger...in the first fight. They're claiming that since Vargas had to come down in weight to make the fight it took away some of his strength. If there was going to be a rematch, why would Vargas let his weight get out of control? Bad move.

Too many guys are claiming that coming down in weight is causing them problems. I wouldn't be surprised with all of the new rules in boxing that one of them...in the near future...would be how far down or up a boxer can go in weight to fight. It's clear that they're fighting for the money and the big money fights may be causing boxers to fight outside of their natural weight classes. Fighting too far out of their weight class may be placing a fighter in an unhealthy disadvantage.

Anyway, it was a good fight. HBO will show the fight again...next Saturday, July 22nd...before the Baldomir/Gotti fight.

Vargas was game...but lost too much strength between fights I & II.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back