Matriarchy

Back that thang up and bring the truth with it...

Kwango_Likemba said:
The practice of polygamy has been the tradition of many Black African communities and many nationalities throughout history, so what? Throughout much of Black Africa history, women dominated all levels of decision-making processes, hence women in those cultures have also set and practiced polyandry (the mating of one woman with more than one man). Even in the many of societies where men determined right and wrong, women still had much to say! In pre-colonial Africa, in many matrifocal countries, men could chose to get several wives, but obviously there was no discrimination against women. Women felt never betrayed! But the Islamic and Christians men bully women and others it's that simple. I never said they were 'inferior' but they are largely 'brutes' who will use their force or power to exploit others. Their lust for dominance will not stop until women take a stand that can challenge them by being independent and create humanistic systems. If our traditions made perfect societies where men and women behaved with moral consciousness, there is no need for you to tell me to value the foreign morals of the male-dominant cultures.

Well said, Sister Kwango!!...I like that strenght and clarity of thought...:D

Sun Ship said:
Well said, Sister Kwango!!...I like that strenght and clarity of thought...:D
Thanks Brother Sun Ship. How can you respect and love Black African women if you have the desire to repress their intelligence and authority? It’s mind boggling!

Jamesfrmphilly said:
this site is a matriarchy.
anyone who feels it is unnatural and perverse is free to leave.
I totally agree with you!

Kwango_Likemba said:
Oh please... You have no idea of the authentic role of women in BLACK AFRICAN society, surely not in African village today. Today, in the village men grant females the same leadership roles as males. No one can curse the decision of a female elder in the village! If 2 people are involved in argument and female elder shows up, they will stop before she order them to do so. Persons with this kind of power ares naturally feared and revered. This is the place of women in the indigenous Luba village. But everyone knows ISLAMIC (and Christian) men have disdain for women. They use religion to maintain their grip on power. And you are doing the same thing... The indigenous Luba community will never bless you!

This is very interesting.

When I hear the word strong, followed by man or women, I don't think in terms of the physical. Its the mental and individual characteristic that come to mind. A strong woman/man is someone who is determined to upheave all obstacles. A strong man/woman is, someone who does the best they can to provide for and protect their family. A strong woman/man is, someone who is not selfish, but is understanding of the needs of other. A strong man/woman, will not be restricted by the oppinions of society. A strong person to me is someone who doesn't limit themselves by giving up on what they believe.

So just because a woman may be strong, that doesn't mean that she isn't compassionate, caring, soft, and or nurturing to her family. It just means, that she will do what needs to be done to make sure home is secure.

I know some women do use the term strong out of context, but so do some men. They are conceited, condescending, cold-hearted, and judgemental, but all strong women arent built that way. I think there is a misunderstanding or a lack of understanding of what it means to be strong. A strong woman doesn't necessarily equals a hard woman. IMO

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back