Matriarchy

Sister PurpleMoons, for me a STRONG WOMAN has power, authority, she has creativity and beauty! In Pre-colonial Africa helpless women never existed! Women always had power and determination. To say that we are "inferior" is absurd. What trouble me a great deal is our 'Afrocentric' men having the nerve to repress the independence, freedom and authority of Black women. I find this worrying and I will do anything to oppose these men! Ralfa’il is oblivious that our depravity is due our A.D patriarchal cultures (and not our B.C.E matrifocal civilizations) learning or borrowing from foreign cultures! The problem is we are becoming more and more Islamized or westernized to the extent that we have become very pathetic!

Not too long ago my forefathers and the Luba people used sacred partnership or union in their myths, rituals and symbols until the 'white' man came and told them it was INFERIOR and PRIMITIVE. I have all these lessons to draw from.

I had a glimmer of ADMIRATION in Ralfa’il, hoping that he was WISE but I was wrong. I have patience for people in general. However, it gets to a point when I have to say enough is enough! Men like Ralfa’il like to control WOMEN telling us what to do. I suppose the best thing would be for us to be silent, offer ourselves to be sacrificial victims that way Ralfa’il can have his "power" back! Nobody can tell me and other women to stop being proud, smart and seeking power and justice! I will oppose any man who does so. Why are we supposed to accept such nonsense in a forum runs by a WOMAN?

Is Brother Rapha'il an Arabized Black man??

Kwango_Likemba said:
I can’t believe I had a crush on you. (uh!)

Sister Kwango I couldn’t believe you had a crush on him either… Brother Rapha’il’s worship of Arab and European culture is appalling. What he doesn’t realize is that this is not about just male rule, but the abusiveness of absolute male rule.

What Brother Rapha’il fail to acknowledge is that those marauding heathens of the Middle East and the heathens of Europe, be you call them Arabs or Caucasians, would still be roaming in the wilderness if it wasn’t for the treasures of knowledge found in the advanced ancient civilizations of the Black world, that were matrifocal from their inception.

You want us to believe brother rapha’il that since these barbaric patriarchal genocidal murderers and mass rapist succeeded in their exploitation of the matrifocal world over the past few centuries, than by default their treachery makes their rule right. Well if you use that type of reasoning, than one can say that since crack dealers, pimps and misogynistic Rappers have all the women and money than their deviant socialization must be the most conducive and productive, as compared to other lifestyles, trades and other forms of entrepreneurship. And brother that type of twisted thinking of “might makes right” is destroying our community today worldwide.

Patriarchs are just infants in the scheme of world history and are defined by more than just men being in leadership roles or kingship. (read Diop)

Some cultural anthropologists have divided the world into two groups, one group is "the takers" (will call them linear thinkers) and the others are "the leavers" (let’s call them cyclical thinkers)…patriarchs and most European powers fall into the former category of "the takers".

This world never ceases to amaze me...

Sister Kwango since you brought up this subject of originally having a crush on Brother Rapha’il. I want to make note of what I found interesting in that particular thread. I say this respectfully; you have displayed yourself as a very intelligent, strong, independent and determined Black woman and I believe that is what you truly are and I admire that about you. When you chose Brother Rapha’il in particular, as a Brother that you secretly had a crush on, I found it most surprising. Not that this brother is to be judged by me as one who shouldn’t be admired by women of his particular ilk. But being the fact that Brother Rapha’il has never hid his ideas about his disdain for overly intelligent and strong Black women, I was very surprised at your selection. What I’m getting at is this; it speaks volumes of mix messages to Black men who believe in the strength and intelligence in Black women, when in a thread that dealt with selection and choices, (as you put it, “crush”) a strong Black woman chooses a man who wants to subjugate and deny women of their innate strengths. Now I could probably make an analysis of some of the other choices and also find inconsistencies, but being the fact that you and brother Rapha’il have such A to B personalities (beyond contrast) it was more than noticeable.

Brothers here at this forum and other groupings have been accusing Black women of saying they want one kind of man, but in reality they choose those who would choose to oppress them. Your choice almost legitimized Brother Rapha’il’s type of reasoning. Can you help me understand this quagmire Blessed Sister Kwango?

Brother Sun Ship:cool:

Sister PurpleMoons, for me a STRONG WOMAN has power, authority, she has creativity and beauty! In Pre-colonial Africa helpless women never existed! Women always had power and determination. To say that we are "inferior" it’s a wicked lie. What trouble me a great deal is our 'Afrocentric' men having the nerve to repress the independence, freedom and authority of Black women. I find this worrying and I will do anything to oppose these men! Ralfa’il is oblivious that our depravity is due to us learning or borrowing from foreign cultures! The problem is we are becoming more and more Islamized or westernized to the extent that we have become pathetic!

Not too long ago my forefathers and the Luba people used sacred partnership or union in their myths, rituals and symbols until the 'white' man came and told them it was INFERIOR and PRIMITIVE. I have all these lessons to draw from.

I had a glimmer of ADMIRATION in Ralfa’il, hoping that he was WISE but I was wrong. I have patience for people in general. However, it gets to a point when I have to say enough is enough! Men like Ralfa’il like to tcontrol WOMEN telling us what to do. I suppose the best thing would be for us to be silent, offer ourselves to be sacrificial victims that way Ralfa’il can have his "power" back! Nobody can tell me and other women to stop being proud, smart and seeking power and justice! I will oppose any man who does so. Why are we supposed to accept such nonsense in a forum runs by a WOMAN?

I feel you wholeheartly Sister! The truth of the matter, I have no beef with Brother Rafi'al preference. Some women want a man to take full charge. I just aint one of them. To say that no women should have a place in leadership is absurd to me. I'm just not feeling that at all.

We don't have to accept anything that we don't agree with. Everyone is entitle to his or her oppinions. I can respect that without accepting it. Ones oppinion doesn't validate who I am or should be. I will always strive to live for me. One can either respect me for it, or reject me for it. The only thing it can validate for me is, what I want, or don't want in my partner. You know the saying sis, "to each, his own!"

You continue to be articulate, proud, smart and seeking power and justice! Don't let anothers oppinions cause you to lose focus of your trueself. After all, its just an oppinion. Thankfully, not all men feel this way! We won't please everybody and thats okay. The best way to oppose someone who wants to rob others of their individual strenghts is not to chose them for mates. :kickball: For some women, that is exactly what they look for in a man. :drink: Go Figure?

Kwango

I had a glimmer of ADMIRATION in Ralfa’il, hoping that he was WISE but I was wrong. I have patience for people in general. However, it gets to a point when I have to say enough is enough! Men like Ralfa’il like to control WOMEN telling us what to do. I suppose the best thing would be for us to be silent, offer ourselves to be sacrificial victims that way Ralfa’il can have his "power" back! Nobody can tell me and other women to stop being proud, smart and seeking power and justice! I will oppose any man who does so. Why are we supposed to accept such nonsense in a forum runs by a WOMAN?
What's all that got to do with you having my dinner ready like I asked?

;) Surely a lady as sharp as you can do more than one thing at a time, so try walking (to the stove) while you're talking....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back