Jails / Prisons : Marissa Alexander, Florida Mom, Faces Mandatory 20 Years In Prison After Failed Stand-Your-Ground

I read the link in its entirety. Unfortunately, even in its entirety it leaves much to be desired in terms of information on what actually happened. It is slanted against Marissa, prolly based on her erractic behavior. However, as Enki pointed out, that type of behavior is the NORM with abused women. Plus, with several accounts of beating up g/fs, I have mucho doubts about the portrayal of Gray and what actually went down during those encounters.

1. He's a serial woman-beater. He finds text/pix/whateva of Marissa's ex- in her wallet, confronts her about it, then just... calms down? That's not the way abusive men do it. I was expecting the article to say he was beating the crap out of her, but no. He went back and sat at the breakfast table with his sons and resumed eating.....

Now seriously, does that even sound logical? First he's up and angry about the text/pix/whatevas, but..... what was the outcome? Did she "explain" the missives, what? Was he okay with her explanation? Doesn't say. Just one minute the known woman-beater is up and demanding to know whateva(!) and the next - he's sitting down eating corn flakes. :huh:

Her behavior is explainable - abused women go back to their abusers.

His is not.

So miss me with she's guilty. I have so many "doubts" it ain't even "reasonable."

Kadijah in my eyesight she could never be guilty. Its the law where she lives. How its written. God.knows
I hope to never on the other side of some of the laws in Tx. They are so prejudiced. I think we have had more overturned verdicts here than any other state due to DNA testing that's absolved Black men. Some having spent upwards of 40 yrs in jail for crimes they didn't commit. I've yet to hear one of them say they are angry. There's something to be said for that. It appears to me that they've realized that being angry eats at the ones who are angered. The ones who you're angry at doesn't know or just don't care. No, I'm not saying you. Just had to share that thought here.

Marissa Alexander's 20-Year Sentence Provokes Fresh Outrage Against George Zimmerman Prosecutor

Widemodern_Corey_130718620x413.jpg

Marissa Alexander, the Jacksonville, Fla., mother sentenced to 20 years in prison for firing what she says was a warning shot at her abusive husband, remains behind bars more than a year after a judge tossed her "Stand Your Ground" defense. But with George Zimmerman's acquittal Sunday on murder charges, her cause is picking up steam.

Rep. Corrine Brown, D-Fla., is among Alexander's most vocal supporters. She's also a fierce critic of State Attorney Angela Corey, the elected prosecutor who presided over both cases.
"I do know that she has shown absolutely no compassion," Brown told U.S. News. "Where was the common sense? I hate to say this, but you wouldn't expect this from a female."
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...-zimmerman-prosecutor-angela-corey?src=usn_tw

Attorney Alton Maddox stated on WBAI last Thursday on "Education at the Crossroads" that when an elected official handles a criminal case the case, is already prejudiced against the defendant before the trial starts!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back