Black Relationships : Jailbird?

I agree with you Brother Sunship and I definitely don't think that families and communities should throw thousands of dollars at the legal system to defend brothers who are GUILTY of committing crimes. Yes people do...reap what they sow. And when you've sown bad seed and recognize that nothing but a weed will grow, then that could become a point when change can come over a person. But what about when people have done their time in the criminal justice system? What happens to the ones who are released and want to be different--a better person? Are there not such people? I still don't believe in every case, once a loser will always be a loser, in the sense that people who have made bad choices at times don't deserve an opportunity to live a different or better life after they've done their time.

Okay so a sister has a big heart and I know there are good brothers out there who make better choices and have never been to prison and they deserve a life too. But when a sister meets or finds herself with a brother whose been in the "system", and he appears to be a decent brother, should she automatically kick him to the curb and hollar LOSER?

Queenie :spinstar:

NNQueen: you have posted two times and you have not said ONE WORD about the victims of these crimes.

you say you have a big heart, but not for those in the community who are struggling to live in a waste land of criminal behavior.
when do the ones who were raped recover?
when do the ones who were killed recover?
you have not one word for them!

maybe your heart is not so big after all.
maybe you are not seeing the entire picture.

can you rethink your position and give the SAME consideration to the victims as you do to the criminals?

Brother James, who is counting the number of times I post? The fact that I didn't mention any victims is because I didn't feel it necessary within the context of the thread. However, if it matters to you, then certainly I have compassion for victims when crimes are committed. I myself have been a victim on more than one occasion. Maybe I'm confused though, was the discussion only to be about victims? I realize you and I don't agree on this Brother James. It's quite clear from our posts. And it's okay if you don't believe that I have a big heart. You're entitled to your opinion. I didn't realize that a victim wasn't allowed to feel compassion even for those who commit crimes. But in the spirit of cooperation, I'm willing to rethink my position on this topic and if I should change my mind or someone here helps me to change my mind as I read on, I'll certainly post my comments for you and everyone else to read. Is that fair enough?

Peace,
Queenie :spinstar:

Keita said:
What you really need is a good year or two in prison on some mistaken identity stuff. Only then will you wake up to the human reality of humans.

Actually being in jail might make some people realize that not all inmates are animals. Not all of them are so far gone that they cannot live productive lives if given a second chance. It's easy to look down on people when you've never been where they are and never took the time to see why they are there. That's the same reason why politicians don't give a d@mn about poor people...because it's not their reality. To them (poiticians), we're animals and don't deserve a chance to rise to their ranks either.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back