Black Relationships : Jailbird?

My brothers, I do read you and understand where you're coming from. I do not lack compassion for people who are victimized or preyed upon by others. I do want to apologize though if my earlier comments sounded as though I didn't care, because I do. But I can also feel a sense of compassion for our brothers and sisters who make those choices that aren't healthy. They are victims too, but should pay for the choices they make just like everyone else. But also, I feel that sometimes, there are some who have done some awful things, that should have a "second" chance and shouldn't be shut out. Some will be lost but some can be saved. I know my views about this aren't the most popular but it's how I genuinely feel. I'm not blind to the convict culture nor am I immune to it either. Even forgiveness comes with a price and it's not always the way that's most comfortable for a perp. Tough love is often achieved when one is left with no other alternative but to put distance between you and those that cause you pain. But it doesn't mean that love is lost altogether.

But I just wanted you to know that I understand and firmly believe that out of the mixture of our different views will rise the balance needed to help us figure this out. How can we lower the crime rate among our people? We need to find ways to help our people make better choices than they currently are. We need options that we can relate better to and deem them important for us to commit ourselves to at any cost. What is it in the character of some of our people, or what kinds of desperate situations that we find ourselves in sometimes that causes us to make sudden choices that devastate lives? When do we stop thinking just about ourselves and learn that we are all connected in some way--what affects you, affects me?

Hopefully soon we will find answers to these and many other questions like them.

Queenie :spinstar:

Blessed Sister Queenie, though I struggle to communicate my opinions, hoping I am as well balanced and thought provoking as possible, you may need to read my particular post again.

Believe me your thoughts and expressions contribute greatly to my sense of humility, humanity and balanced approach to some of these social quagmires. But let’s look at it like this, If the ex-criminal can easily by-pass our seemingly tough love, convictions and scrutiny and tug at the heart of one of the most astute, intelligent and conscious Black women in this forum than I don’t think he has to worry about our conceived condemnations and perceptions.

Love as always and Ashe,

Brother Sun Ship

Queenie:

you tell me.

the criminal knows they will always be forgiven and given a second chance, why should they change their behavior?

are you a mother? do bad children change their behavior if they are forgiven?

how will we stop crime in the community if we forgive all the criminals?

My brothers, I'm going to "marinate" on your comments and get back to you. A sister is starting to feel dangerously naive at the moment and to save from sounding like a parrot and simply repeating myself, I'll give your opinions considerable thought and post my comments later. Please feel free to remind me to do that if it appears that I may have forgotten to return to this discussion.

Peace and much respect.... :bowdown:

Queenie :spinstar:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back