Black Entertainment : Jada Pinkett-Smith Asks If Essence Magazine Should Feature White Women On The Cover

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Destee, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Jada Pinkett-Smith Asks If Essence Magazine Should Feature White Women On The Cover

There was and still is a need for black women to be represented on the newsstands, both in magazines that target us and in mainstream magazines that embrace diversity. Though Essence Magazine caters to an audience of African-American women, many still champion the need for major magazines like Vogue, Vanity Fair and Cosmopolitan Magazine to feature ladies of all races. Jada Pinkett-Smith believes that request of mainstream magazines presents a conundrum. Can we implore them to include us in their pages while we shut them out of magazines that are for us by us?

Read More : http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2013...zine-should-feature-white-women-on-the-cover/

:heart:

Destee

2. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730

I just don't think it is the same. But the way things are going nowadays, i think I won't be surprised if White women begin to appear regularly in Black magazines.

3. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    yeap even my dad liked Essence magazine at one time, but not so much anymore. The quality of that magazine has gown DOWN