Is Vegetarianism In Agreement with The Bible?

Ralfa'il said:
Yes yes....keeping on subject....

In the Book of Mark chapter 7 verse 18-23 we read:

" And Jesus said to them, "Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a man from outside cannot defile him, since it enters, not his heart but his stomach, and so passes on?" And he said, "What comes out of a man is what defiles a man. For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, fornication, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, licentiousness, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a man."

So according to the bible, Jesus says that what a man DOES makes him corrupt and unfit, not what he eats.

Funny because many Christians use the same verse to justify the eating of swine!

:peace:

Pharaoh Jahil said:
Funny because many Christians use the same verse to justify the eating of swine!

:peace:
Yup they sure do,they take what they want to hear out of the Bible to justify their wrongdoings... Take the truth,and twist it around like its a contortionist,and then say..well right here in the Bible it says..and then when you to try to tell alot of em what it means,they call you a liar ... :donttell:

Ralfa'il said:
Yes yes....keeping on subject....

In the Book of Mark chapter 7 verse 18-23 we read:

" And Jesus said to them, "Then are you also without understanding? Do you not see that whatever goes into a man from outside cannot defile him, since it enters, not his heart but his stomach, and so passes on?" And he said, "What comes out of a man is what defiles a man. For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, fornication, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, licentiousness, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a man."

So according to the bible, Jesus says that what a man DOES makes him corrupt and unfit, not what he eats.

Brother Rapha'il
, I know you’re trying to make a point about the eating of meat, but this verse is about the deeper understanding of a spiritual life, as having more importance than physical or cultural practices. This was is an important teaching for those with a certain level of understanding.

Remember Jesus was dealing with groups of Jewish clerics and priest who justified their religious hierarchy and supposed connection to the spiritual legacy of the people through a dogmatic approach to the law and arcane rituals. People were being judged spirituality and morally based on the superficialities of Jewish law only. This verse like all of Jesus’ sayings was a parable. For Jesus himself said, “I only speak only in parables”.

As I said in a previous post, vegetarianism is not a dogma or religion, it is part of a great whole. It is the proper maintenance of the natural human body and keeps the wise man healthy, also giving the a messenger great endurance. So the teacher Jesus is correct, for no ones studies a corrupt man’s diet and Yoga and other disciplines teaches us that fitness is a combination of mind, body and spirit. As we strive for the oneness of all of these parts, we know the spirit, then the mind being as greater than or the leaders of the body.

A vegan could say this same verse to another vegan, without it justifying the eating of meat or condemning any person personal choice. It’s about putting things into spiritual perspective. This verse was for the wise and was not suppose to be used as a dietary guide. Like I said, “it was a parable, not an edict or a law.

Ase

Sun Ship said:

Brother Rapha'il
, I know you’re trying to make a point about the eating of meat, but this verse is about the deeper understanding of a spiritual life, as having more importance than physical or cultural practices. This was is an important teaching for those with a certain level of understanding.

Remember Jesus was dealing with groups of Jewish clerics and priest who justified their religious hierarchy and supposed connection to the spiritual legacy of the people through a dogmatic approach to the law and arcane rituals. People were being judged spirituality and morally based on the superficialities of Jewish law only. This verse like all of Jesus’ sayings was a parable. For Jesus himself said, “I only speak only in parables”.

As I said in a previous post, vegetarianism is not a dogma or religion, it is part of a great whole. It is the proper maintenance of the natural human body and keeps the wise man healthy, also giving the a messenger great endurance. So the teacher Jesus is correct, for no ones studies a corrupt man’s diet and Yoga and other disciplines teaches us that fitness is a combination of mind, body and spirit. As we strive for the oneness of all of these parts, we know the spirit, then the mind being as greater than or the leaders of the body.

A vegan could say this same verse to another vegan, without it justifying the eating of meat or condemning any person personal choice. It’s about putting things into spiritual perspective. This verse was for the wise and was not suppose to be used as a dietary guide. Like I said, “it was a parable, not an edict or a law.

Ase
Everything Jesus said was not a parable . He was talking about eating with unwashed hands and eating certain food wont make you unclean but a man's words can make him unclean, this is made clear when Jesus says in Matthew 15 :17-18 17)" Don't you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18) But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man unclean"

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back