Black Relationships : Insecure & Color Struck? Then Why a Black Mate?

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by medusanegrita, Apr 15, 2010.

1. medusanegrita

medusanegrita Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +565
    :?: :thinking:

2. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    That has got to be the most dumbest statement ever. FAIL!

I had friends back in high school that wanted to date men of a lighter complexion or another race because they wanted to have "cute babies"...

I think it is dumb as all hell....It's hard for me to even say what I want to say cause all of that is pure blatant ignorance.

I've seen ugly babies of all races and nationalities.

It's not the "good-looks" gene I'm concerned about...it's the "stupid" gene I'm worried that the kid may inherit form their stupid parents.

3. warriorprincess

warriorprincess Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +201
    I think there may be a significant number of people who despise blackness or black people but still have relationships with them.

We have to watch out for them because they are very destructive.

4. tay_tay225

tay_tay225 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    I don't think that they were automatically implying that the only reason we should get with people of other races is simply because SOME interracial couples have cute kids. The general stereotype for black/black couples is this (or so I've heard) -- black men want someone who isn't very aggresive, so they go with a woman of another race assuming that she will let him walk all over her and assuming that every black woman is too aggresive. Now I don't know how things typically work in adult relationships, but thats how it is in my high school. I rarely see two black teens in a relationship and when asked why that is, this is the response I often hear.

I think this is what needs to be done: I don't care about past experiences. Black men who DO fit the stereotype need to stop assuming that all black women act the same. Black women who believe all black men act the same need to stop, too. We also need to realize that the love between two people is no one else's business but their own.

I don't understand why this is an issue in the first place. If two people are in love (regardless of their race, gender, whatever) then why should anyone else care? Unless said couple is breaking a law in any way, intruders need to just butt out.

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    :10500: define "cute"

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    yooooo........

:bowdown:

7. medusanegrita

medusanegrita Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +565
    That is of my main concern and point. That is a pathology some of us don't understand or realize. I know several black women that are color struck and fawn all over light skin children and straight or wavy hair, but their 'ideal' mate is a black man. Sounds like a conflict of interest for sure. I don't even know how they justify such a cognitive dissonance.

Bad as it is, it seems at least when black men are colorstruck, they don't waste their time with black women. They get what they want or feel they should have.

But for these types and what it represents, i don't know which is worse for them and us - getting with a black person for the sake of 'black love' when you have no appreciation or love for blackness or dark skin, or getting with a non-black person because you have no appreciation or love for blackness and dark skin. Either way, they are really messed up.

8. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    amen,amen