Black Relationships : Is it colorism for one to have a skin color preference for beauty?

col·or·ism

• "this reform has many attractions for those on the left"
Human nature and personal preferences are normal and will naturally happen. We will see people with certain qualities that we like or dislike for no other reason than we either find them attractive or unattractive. Some people aren't particular and like the full spectrum of skin color while others are particular in what they like and don't like based on visual observations alone.

Where this all gets politicized is when you find racism present in a culture where the dominant culture tries to define what beauty looks like and forces their propaganda on the people. In those situations you must constantly scrutinize choices you make to see whether you have been manipulated or influenced into thinking a certain way, or if it's truly a natural preference based on your unbiased thought processes.

So, are you saying it is possible to have a skin color preference unrelated to white supremacy and colorism and just have a preference?

Either dark skin or light skin. Like a person has a preference, but they do not detract or belittle other colors and do not exclude them, they just favor a certain color. Would it be colorism?
And this is the problem, when you prefer lighter skinned women or men and publicly and loudly and ignorantly debase people who light skinned. YOU are a rare one my friend. You just don't know how many blacks I have encountered
in my life who preferred lighter skinned women and like fools would stand in front of the public and denounce dark skinned ladies. Yes even in the presence of whites!

On my previous job we had a black male who was mixed up about color hues. One evening during break, he decided to put on one of his typical *** backwards
shows for everyone. He just out of the blue spoke up and said " I will jump over 6 dark skinned girls just to get to a light skinned girl!" you better not ever put a dark skinned girl in my face." Yes, there whites presence and all of this minstrel jollying delighted them to no end.

Abarekiller my philosophy on skin hues matters is this, I don't give a **** who you or any other black prefer in terms of skin hue.As long as you don't open your mouth too big and speak too loud and don't try to publicly humiliate me in front others because my facial attributes and dark skin color doesn't match your preference.

That is a mega problem in our race. The public put downs of dark skinned women and men. Just don't ever become like the sad lad below!

I wonder this as I researched into this religion called zoroastriniaism and first the religion does not discriminate against people based on race and says all are equal regardless, but in heaven it says there are these maidens with white skin like pearls and when people enter it, their skin will turn white like pearls/papers. It does show a preference for lighter skin, but as I said before, it does not detract or belittle other skin colors, so I was wondering, is it colorism in this case?
What are the thoughts on the zoroaostrianism religion I posted

... I'm under the impression that ancient Persians were black, am I wrong Abarekiller, Sir?

http://www.realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Elam_Iran_2a.htm

Elam_Persian_soldier.jpg

Who stole the teachings of Zoroastrianism
Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by ru2religious, Jun 3, 2011

https://destee.com/threads/who-stole-the-teachings-of-zoroastrianism.66464/#post-687464

https://destee.com/threads/who-stole-the-teachings-of-zoroastrianism.66464/

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back