Black Poetry : Identity Crisis

Oh My $$RICH$$NESS ... i love this discussion !!! :love:

PositveMindSet ... Wonderful Poetry, thanks for sharing it and getting this dialogue started.

Let me set one thing straight, as it seems to be some confusion surrounding this rule. In order to start a thread in the poetry forum, it must be poetry ... but responses do not have to be poetry ... although some really wonderful poetry has come out of this discussion! You are all free to discuss a poem or its content, without doing so in a flow. My hats off to all of you very talented Poets!!

Things could easily get out of hand here and it all seems to stem from Randee taking this poem personally. Sister, please don't feel like someone is "calling you out" because they speak of the atrocities put upon us as a People. Imagine if i got offended every time someone posted a poem or started a discussion about Sisters with issues! We'd be fighting up in here every day!

Sister Randee you said ...
my mother is white, my father is black
why do i always feel under constant attack?
i think this is a great question and one you should give more thought. Being constantly attacked, in one form or another, is something that most Black folk (or their folk) live with consistently. Do you think you will be spared this experience because you have a White Mother? What if you're only experiencing 1/2 of the "constant attacks" that children born to two Black parents experience? Then your "constant attacks" are much less than most Black folk experience, so you're still ahead of the game. This is something that could be viewed positively and perhaps aid in overcoming your sensitivity.

No Sister, relax, enjoy, have fun, flow with the Family, but don't take the poetry personal, as no one is going to actually put your name in a peace and blatantly offend you. Anything less than that is your desire to assume they are talking to or about you.

It's all Good.

No name calling Family.

Let The Love Continue To Flow.

:heart:

Destee

I wanna say too, in regard to taking poetry personal ... man oh man oh man ... when i first became involved with poetry online, i just knew that all those Brothers were writing that sweet love poetry to me! Had a Sister calling U-Haul 'cause i was going on the road ... 'till they let me know they'd be call'n the police if i showed up on their skreet ... *sigh* ... okay ... feel me? ... :) ... great poetry does that to you ... sucks you right in ... and we have great poets and poetry in this house! It happens to the best of us, gett'n sucked in i mean!

Flow On Family ... Flow On!

:heart:

Destee

WOW

MUCH RESPECT TO U MY COUSIN PM...NOTHIN BUT LUV 4 U. I READ THIS POM B 4 U PUT IT UP
NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD CAUSE A MUCK..
I KNOW THE RACIST THOUGHTS WERE NEVER INTENDED
IT SEEMS THERES A LOT MORE GOING ON WITHIN THOSE THAT WERE OFFENDED
I HAVE BLACK, WHITE AND EVEN ASIAN
I LOVE IT IT ADDS MORE BEAUTY COUSIN...
I'M SORRY YOUR POEM WAS LOOKED AT IN THE EYES
OF THOSE THAT MISUNDERSTOOD
IT WASNT ABOUT WRONG PEOPLE GROWING UP IN THE HOOD
IT WAS ABOUT THOSE WHO ......
NEVER MIND LETS JUST SAY I KNOW WHAT U WERE SAYIN
ALTHOUGH THE DISCUSSION THAT IT LEAD TO WAS PRETTY TIGHT..LMAO...I'M SORRY THAT RANDI LEFT CAUSE POETICALLY SHE REALLY HAD A GIFT...
I LOVE MY MIXTURE...I LOVE THE CULTURE IT BRINGS ON ALL SIDES IT'S FRICKIN COOL DUDE....LOL...

BUT I'M EDUCATED ON ALL MY RACES I UNDERSTAND
AND I AGREE TO DISAGREE AND MOVE ON..TIME IS TOO SHORT..

THERE IS JUST 1 THING I GOTTA ASK U COUSIN..
CAN U FIGHT?
LOL..(INSIDE JOKE) LUV YA...29

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back