Pan Africanism : How Does the Afrikan world view Ktrina???

atomicangel,

What part of South Africa are your parents from?

:bowdown:
atomicangel said:
But to sum everything up, I just want to say that I wasn't making generalisations about Africa because I know that not all Africans are illiterate but that does not mean that there is not a lot of them (not 'most of them') that are just like in other countries. and that is why i even said at the end of my statement that it would be nice to see African music and culture reaching African Americans so that Africans can prove that they're not illiterate or dumb and that we have made something of ourselves and we can live happy and successful lives without knowing about African Americans or Black Britons or whatever. We're not all starving and illiterate as many people in America, England and many other countries around the world might believe.
i am just in awe over the equanimity with which you have responded to the "comments" in this thread!! i've been over here vacilating between a semi-demi-smackdown and just ignoring it. thank you for your clarity!

it just saddens me the way these "african americans" seem to want to so echo the "western" viewpoint and tout themselves as being so much of "all that" when to actually look at the evidence would strongly suggest that they/we are on the opposite end of the totem pole that we scream out. all the time talking about "hatin on our own" and "self hate" and forever bashing Africans that aren't from here! oh so completely westernized!!

and too stuck to admit it! that's where the blustering and chest beating come in: sort of mostly sure that they are actually on the wrong end of the stick so will go to some other equally silly point and start pointing out how "valuable" that is ... and then change gears again when that one gets shot down!! except, of course, for the fact that it prolly won't get smacked down because, for the most part, any one with any sense is just tired of seeing them acting the fools that they are about to show themselves to be by their response to this post!! (you know who you are, and you know who you aren't.)

anAfrican said:
:bowdown:i am just in awe over the equanimity with which you have responded to the "comments" in this thread!! i've been over here vacilating between a semi-demi-smackdown and just ignoring it. thank you for your clarity!

it just saddens me the way these "african americans" seem to want to so echo the "western" viewpoint and tout themselves as being so much of "all that" when to actually look at the evidence would strongly suggest that they/we are on the opposite end of the totem pole that we scream out. all the time talking about "hatin on our own" and "self hate" and forever bashing Africans that aren't from here! oh so completely westernized!!

and too stuck to admit it! that's where the blustering and chest beating come in: sort of mostly sure that they are actually on the wrong end of the stick so will go to some other equally silly point and start pointing out how "valuable" that is ... and then change gears again when that one gets shot down!! except, of course, for the fact that it prolly won't get smacked down because, for the most part, any one with any sense is just tired of seeing them acting the fools that they are about to show themselves to be by their response to this post!! (you know who you are, and you know who you aren't.)

You just hit the nail right in the middle of the head.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back