destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
How Affirmative Action Helped George W. Bush

If our President had the slightest sense of irony, he might have paused to ask himself, "Wait a minute. How did I get into Yale?" It wasn't because of any academic achievement: his high school record was ordinary. It wasn't because of his life experience--prosperous family, fancy prep school--which was all too familiar at Yale. It wasn't his SAT scores: 566 verbal and 640 math.

They may not have had an explicit point system at Yale in 1964, but Bush clearly got in because of affirmative action. Affirmative action for the son and grandson of alumni. Affirmative action for a member of a politically influential family. Affirmative action for a boy from a fancy prep school. These forms of affirmative action still go on.

Click Here To Read Entire Article

:heart:

Destee

Hi

Yes, it's called legacy established at prestigious white institutions.
Harvard defends their position to continue family legacies b/c these Ivy Schools received large endowments from alumnus. I remember seeing this televised a week back.

Critics of affirmative action establish that affirmative action does not serve the people it was intended to serve. I am assuming that they mean people who are accepted into Ivy League schools under affirmative action were not as deserving as other underprivileged minorities who placed applications for admission from the same talent pool.

Being that it's a prestigious white institution, you would rarely see a minority with a family legacy established at a white institution. <If anything we have family legacies established at HBCU's> I'm a living witness.

The reason why minorities today prefer to attend a prestigious white college is that the learning conditions are more suitable than at HBCU's. Alumnus of HBCU's are not reinvesting in their schools. As a result, HBCU's allow WHITES to goto HBCU's free of charge. Why would HBCU's allow them to attend free of charge?

They do this b/c the white community who just so happen to make up 75% of public administration only cater to themselves whenever the schools, workplaces, and neighborhoods they occupy needs aid or funding. By having them occupy our student population at HBCU's, it gets their attention to give us leverage when we need aid or funding for basic upkeep.

:D just some insight from an alumnus of an HBCU for those who didn't know what time it was

peace

poeticd

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back