Black People : Affirmative action

Hello Anaksanamun and welcome!! :wave:

I really enjoyed reading your post. You have described an interesting and thought-provoking vision. I'm not sure how realisitic it is though because in that scenario that you described, you don't exclude anyone which means that our oppressors are included.

If that's the case, I think that history has proven time and time again that they are not a group that likes to share power and they always want to be at the top calling the shots.

Can all groups of people be at the top of the social heap? Must there always be a vertical or pyramidal hierarchy in society and never flat or horizontal? Why must we act like we're in a barrell climbing over each other or even pushing each other up? Very often I've used the term "uplift" but now I think you've inspired me to take a second look at what that word/concept really means. I understand clearly what we're fighting against, but what is it exactly that we're competing for?

Nevertheless what you convey certainly gives one hope that at the very least, we can all pull together to help each other by killing racial poison.

Peace and good post! :)

Peace to both ANAKSANAMUN and NNQUEEN, and the entire forum. I've enjoyed the argument you made. It sparked multiple flames within me, regarding a variety of issues concerning the success, or lack thereof, of Blacks in this country. As a student at Gonzaga University, and campus is without color to say the least, (except for the b-ball team of course). Anyway, I often have extensive and intensive conversations with fellow students and instructors, in which I find myself having to explain, denounce, or defend everything from blatent racist stereotypes, to credit that should be given its due. As an older, adult student, I feel qualified to do so. I try not to speak for all black folk, because I truly don't know how everyone feels. I do however, feel that there are deep rooted feelings and experiences we share by nature of who we are.

This morning I had one of these discussions with my Ethics instructor. During which he asked the question most of get asked, "why can blacks say that word and whites can't or shouldn't.

I found myself having to explain to someone who should be considered an elder, common sense about the roots of this word. Can any of you share some wisdom with me, and give your feelings on the question. I hope not to offend anyone, of course anger, or not wanting to dignify it with a response might be the first if not the best answer, but I have trouble explaining my feelings without anger sometimes. Somebody help a brotha out..........

Peace, Prosperity, and Power to all.

Yes, Anaksanamun, the concept sounds promising, but at the risk of sounding pessimistic, I have to respectfully question the possibility and probability of a NEW Black Society ever being realized, and whether those of us here now, will ever witness it in our lifetime. Your ideology is hopeful, but unless we tackle the psychology behind our present condition, how can we ever achieve it?

Please give some examples of actual things you think we need to do to battle oppression and win our freedom. If we are exhibiting the same attitudes and behaviors of our oppressors, how do you see us functioning as a people in order to begin laying the foundation for a new Black society?

Afrostotle, I understand your frustration with even having to have that conversation. The only response I can think of that would address such a question is a simple one and that is, two wrongs don't make a right! No wisdom involved, just having a real understanding of the word and speaking the truth to anyone who asks.

Peace! :heart:

Great reply!!

Anaksanamun, I enjoyed reading your post. The example you gave in answer to my question was powerful and inspiring. I have another question though.

Originally posted by Anaksanamun

My answer to oppression is a simple one. Remove ourselves from the midst of the oppressor. And remove the oppressor from our midsts. Once this removal takes place, the oppressor attitudes that we have will die and we will return to the peace-loving, highly intelligent, deeply spiritual people we have always been.

What exactly do you mean when you write, "remove ourselves from the midst of the oppressor and remove the oppressor from our midsts?"

Originally posted by Anaksanamun

All we need do is get together and work with one another...

And I'm not saying that this should be a project where we just up and quit our day jobs. It has to be a gradual process, but ongoing until we are all situated and estabished. I know it will work. It is already working. Most of us are just not aware of it and thereby not using it for all it worth.

What is your vision on how you see us becoming like-minded and organized enough so that we can come together? Does it start in places like this where discussions take place and people meet? Or does it have to start on a different scale?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back