Single Black Mothers : Hi My Name is Destee and I am a Single Black Mother - Pregnant at 16 - Gave Birth at 17

Peace and Blessings Family,

My name is Destee and I am a Single Black Mother - Pregnant at 16 - Gave Birth at 17.

I have a Son and Daughter, with my Son the oldest. They are both adults, free, alive, and able to stand on their own.

I adopted my niece, who is now a young adult herself. My Mother was a Single Black Mother too.

While Single Black Mothers are getting all kinds of negative stuff, you hold the future in your hands.

I am here to offer whatever insight my experience, already having walked this road, can possibly provide.

Sometimes just having someone to ask, or knowing someone who has done it, can mean a lot.

It's hard raising babies by yourself ... it was hard when i did it ... and i believe it's even harder now.

So ... for you young Single Black Mothers ... that need a support system ... come right on over and introduce yourself ... :love:

I won't be going easy on you ... the stuff i say you may not like ... but it will be done with my greatest hope for you and your children.

Of course you're always free to throw any or all i say away, moving forward however you'd like.

Just know that i love you ... i understand the great responsibility on your shoulders ... and believe you can do it successfully.

Love You! :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee

Bless you for reaching a helping hand to those in need of succor. :bowdown:

I take my hat off to all the mothers. I have no children and most likely will never give birth to any, but I will always admire women who have the hardest job in the world.

You give your all and do your best and are still dogged out, talked about, and just criticized.

You all deserve more than one day of recognition.

:hug:

Sista Ellen, you obviously don't need any advice..... at least you didn't ask for any. :)

This thread, in my understanding, is for those single mothers who DO need advice. There are countless threads discussing "what should be done" in the future or "shoulda been done" in the past. This one is for those sistahs who find themselves single and raising children on their own with questions and/or concerns they need help with.... as well as testimonials from those who went through the fire of single parenthood and came out alive to tell the tale and can offer support.

Peace
I actually was looking through the thread saw a comment from a guy that said he had a son at 18 got married got a job and took care of business. I commented good job taking responsibility that is the way it should be then someone else commented that i was saying single parents aren't responsible. I then had to defend what I was saying since me congratulating a man offended someone. Then subjects changed when someone else asked me about my last name. now i am responding to your comment explaining my intentions of being on this thread my my my i am not meaning to be so offending so many. I do apologize if my being here made you uncomfortable. .I am a single mom to and just because I am not seeking help with resources don't mean it I am not seeking emotional support from other people being beat down about having children single and doesn't mean I can't bring up my mistakes in so far as what I discussed in child support. I am not purposely offending anyone everything I say is out of love respect and experience. BTW isn't the need to explain in amount of detail so that you wouldn't be taken the wrong way ridiculous. Peace.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back