Black Women : DESTEE, GETTING MARRIED DOWN SOUTH...

I lived in Atlanta for five years it was my first time ever living down South. And yes Southern blacks do marry more than Northern blacks. But the rate of unsatisfaction is 67% according to many statistics taking of black women. Marriage is an important step in life and should not be taken with the wrong person. But how do you know when you're just taught that it is the right thing to do only as a tradition? Southern blacks are very conservative and traditional and they have made gains in getting themselves educated in trades. They live in nice homes and go to church and are upright cititizens but they are not very philosophical about life. The majority of them are like robots following ideas they are programmed with.

Northern blacks are liberal and out spoken and many of them know things about life that means they are aware. But lacking in trade education and skills they live in ghettoes improverished and crime ridden. They would ranther shack up than get marrired because they are not traditional for the most part. Northern blacks are social conscious but to a sense self destructive.

If we could balance ourselves by being educated in a trade that would provide us with a living and then read and travel so that we could become spiritually educated then that would be the way to go.

I tried a few times to marry some black women but we never made it pass the court stage.

It is important to court people before you marry them and not have sex and see if they are following the same script.

If they are sleeping around while you are courting or dating believe me when you get married and things settles down they will be doing it again.

You should only marry people who share your values.

Remember love see not with the eyes but with the mind.

Akilles said:
And yes Southern blacks do marry more than Northern blacks. But the rate of unsatisfaction is 67% according to many statistics taking of black women.

Brother Akilles ... please provide a link(s) to those stats. If you can.

Akilles said:
Southern blacks are very conservative and traditional and they have made gains in getting themselves educated in trades. They live in nice homes and go to church and are upright cititizens but they are not very philosophical about life. The majority of them are like robots following ideas they are programmed with.

Akilles said:
Northern blacks are liberal and out spoken and many of them know things about life that means they are aware. But lacking in trade education and skills they live in ghettoes improverished and crime ridden. They would ranther shack up than get marrired because they are not traditional for the most part. Northern blacks are social conscious but to a sense self destructive.

You seem to know so much about "them" ... which Black are you?

Akilles said:
I tried a few times to marry some black women but we never made it pass the court stage.

Thanks for trying a few times with us ... what race are you trying with now?

Looking forward to your response.

:heart:

Destee

Destee said:
Hi Brother Isaiah ... :love:

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I'm still waiting for you in voice chat. It's interesting that you'd direct this question specifically to me. Brother Isaiah, don't be play'n wit my emotions and stuff, have'n me read between da lines, and see'n a marriage proposal somewhere in all of this! :wink:

I've been married once, am divorced, and have been for 20 years. My thoughts of marriage are certainly different from others, i'm sure. Young people are probably more interested in it, those who have never done it, who have yet to grow a Family, may hear their clock tick'n or sump'n. None of that applies to me. I've done it all, and thank God for the experience.

I think it's very natural for folk to want to marry, become one, be committed to someone, someone committed to them, and build a Family together. It's the natural order of things. If we see a decrease in the natural order of things, then we should look at what is influencing "most everyone." Why are people's behaviors moving more in the direction of un-natural things? What or who has the capacity to shape such thoughts in us? What does it profit them? What do we lose? How do we counter it?

I can't speak for anyone other than myself. I am an "Elder" now, and marriage, building Family, isn't the priority it once was (now that i've done it). I would imagine that it is still a priority for most young people, no matter where in the world they are, at least that's my hope.

:heart:

Destee

Destee, you're an "elder" now??? Aww, Destee, come on...You are not no elder, sitting up there in that avatar with that sexy outfit on...(smile!) Probably aint even your sexiest outfit, either(Hint-Hint!) NEVER saw no elder that looked that damned good - puh-leeeeeeeeeeeze!

But I'll say this, Destee, you've got a lotta game, and generally that's associated with being wise and mature - which may well be because you're are a CAPRICORN woman, and CAPRICORNS are known to be pretty wise...:idea:

But that is not why I singled you out to ask the question... I know that you live in the south, and that you are extremely observant, and I trust that you would give your honest assessment... The question came to me, actually, as I saw so many African Americans from NEW ORLEANS getting married in the wake of KATRINA.. I mean, they were'nt letting no lil disaster hold them back from that altar, man... The MARRIAGE had to happen no matter what!(smile!)

Believe it or not, brother man was impressed by that... Marriage is a positive thing, whether folks believe that or not... Happily Married people actually live longer, healthier lives, own more property, have more assets, and probably enjoy their lives more than a single person...

Some of those things are facts, like living longer and healthier lives, and owning more property... Women IMPROVE a man's health, because they are always concerned about the health of their loved ones... So, while men hate doctors and hospitals, they'd rather go than deal with all tha lip service if they don't... Married couples also combine their salaries to buy homes more often, because two salaries are mostly better than one. So, marriage has it's positives, and with African Americans, I am happy that the value system of my parents still exists down in the south... It makes Southern African Americans much more stable, and less given to the pathologies that exist in Northern African Americans... When you own your own, you can do things those who rent cannot, and Northern African Americans scuffle and struggle too much trying to pay the landlord, rather than putting all of their so-called "Black Consciousness" to good use...

Again, it will be Africans south of the Mason-Dixon that will likely lead us out of the quagmire, because they still have some good, solid values... As for me, I probably will not go down DEEP into the SOUTH to live, but I can see myself down in the Carolinas, where moms and pops were from, and the relatives still live... I dig saying Hi Ya to people, and having say Hi Ya, back... That doesn't always happen with these scowling, always mad, folks in NYC...

So,Elder Destee, tha is why I directed my question at you, because I know that you would put me down on the LOWDOWN down South... Plus, I just dig flirtin' with you(smile!) Don't take so long to holla back next time...

Peace!
Isaiah

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back