Black People : Help Illegal Immigrants, but boost blacks, too

IfUComeSoftly said:
i'm dnag near holding my head in shame cause i agree with sam... i NEVER thought that i would say that... good post brother....

i have friends and relatives that came into this country illegeally from mexico, honduras, el savador & cuba.. then there's those who came in legally and then were unable to to secure new paperwork so they are here under the radar.. it ain't that easy to get here. the $1500 comment... the fact of the matter is it can be extremely difficult to get into the country legally.... harder than the dickens in a lot of cases... sure they are risking deportation but when you are faced with a lifetime of poverty, when a $10 job is great money to you, when many of your friends and family came over and weren't caught... then that is a risk most are willing to take...

maybe be wrong.. may be right... but that's how it goes....

I'm sure that we have more than this that we might agree on, if we both took the time to learn about each other.

However, the sad irony about this, is that this whole "illegal immigrant" issue almost never seems to apply to white people.

There are Germans, French, Russians, Italians, Dutch, and British white people who come and go as they please, opening up businesses (and I'm not just talking about little mom & pop stores either, but whole corporations), setting up dual citizenship, or no citizenship at all.

There are French people who have been working at my company for 10+ year, who don't have legal citizenship the first.

This issue of illegality only seems to apply to people of color (Blacks, Asians and Latinos). That's why it's really much ado about nothing, for Black people to complain about this, IMO.

MANASIAC said:
Being of Black and Cuban I do have a difference of opinion about illegal immigration.

I believe that if Mexicans can get blanket amensty, so should my fellow african brothers in sisters in our diaspora.

With that being said, this so called low wage jobs that no one wants to do, are sometimes decent wage jobs that a brother or american cannot get. I see this more in the construction industry than any other place.

What is said is that the mexican elite is for passing a law that allows rich white buisness to exploit latinos. If you notice most of the people advocating this are legal mexican citizens who are not working these jobs. These jobs do not compenstate for the high cost of living in this country. and they can call what they want, but the guest work program to me is nothing but slavery in legal form.

Great post, brotherman... I see what you see in this, as well...particularly in the construction industry, as you stated...

What concerns me about this piece is, looking at things on a practical level, every man, woman, and child cannot live on one piece of real estate, even if that real estate is the richest nation on the planet, and is engaged in the mass exploitation of millions of people in poorer nations... Something has to give, and I think what has to give is a reconfiguration of what we now know as the United States... It may well mean, in other words, that some countries will have to give up their status as nations, and simply come under the sattelite dictates of these United Snakes of America... I know that's a Wild *** idea to some, but...again, something has to give, before civil war becomes the only alternative...

Great article, Sister Softly!

Peace!
Isaiah

Isaiah said:
Great post, brotherman... I see what you see in this, as well...particularly in the construction industry, as you stated...

What concerns me about this piece is, looking at things on a practical level, every man, woman, and child cannot live on one piece of real estate, even if that real estate is the richest nation on the planet, and is engaged in the mass exploitation of millions of people in poorer nations... Something has to give, and I think what has to give is a reconfiguration of what we now know as the United States... It may well mean, in other words, that some countries will have to give up their status as nations, and simply come under the sattelite dictates of these United Snakes of America... I know that's a Wild *** idea to some, but...again, something has to give, before civil war becomes the only alternative...

Great article, Sister Softly!

Peace!
Isaiah

Brother I this is a really good post.

Samurai......

When has borders and laws stopped any people from doing anything? Again, the very foundation of this country, was based on defying borders and laws.

Why should it all of a sudden be any different? I can invade your house, but you can't invade mine?

Then where does the buck stop , in your opinion? When they start paying Pedro, and Emanuel $7 hour to do your job that is obviously worth $15-20 an hour? BTW, you failed to reply to why they suddenly started flooding the U.S. when the value of their peso went downhill. I guess I answered my own question. Silly me:blush:

Actually, most Hispanics and Latinos don't claim to be Spaniard. And most Hispanics/Latinos are not from Spain geneologically

This is bull, then why are so many of their 'native' peoples treated so badly, by them? I meant they praise the Spanish over the Black and Indian blood.Why? Doesn't take a rocket scientist.

Actually, they do, all the time. Many Mexicans migrate to Honduras, many Hondurans migrate to El Salvador, etc. Happens all the time. Contrary to the false notion, America is not the only nation in this world that has immigration problems.

Good. So then why risk the culture clash, and being shot by the border patrol?

How do we as Blacks have more of a right to claim this country, over the people who were here before us?

You do realize that Mexican people are just Native Americans, yes? I re-iterate, that they were here long before anyone else was.

Did you know that "Mexico" is not a Spanish name, but that it's Native American? So is "Texas" by the way.

Because our blood, sweat, and tears established this joint, way more than their 20 year saga. I do realize that Mexicans are partially Native Americans. A lot of Latinos don't have much Indian blood, due to the mass genocide of Indians by WM. Why don't you give your job to them, since they are sooo entitled, give up your home too. BTW, the Central Americans claim an Aztec culture, which has little to do with the more familiar tribes. It is a fact that even the Mayas, Aztecs, and Incas had a strong mixture of Black blood. How do Indians go from Red to Brown?

I'm not saying that we are not owed anything, but that is not the fault of the Hispanic People.

They have undergone the same 400+ year oppression that we have. They have simply decided to go about their uprising differently than we have (or rather, haven't).

I agree to a certain extent on the latter. They also had access to their homeland, language, culture, unilke us. So them 'finding themselves' has never triumphed their raison d'etre. It may not be their fault, but is it our fault they are struggling? What have they done collectively for our cause/struggle? Enlighten me, I may be wrong. Remember the thread title suggests we fight with them, while they fight against us!

Sis, I seriously doubt that you have "as much" Indian blood as someone who is an indigenous Indian by heritage. These people have always been NA's, just forced to speak another Euro-language, the same way we were.

I seriously doubt not. I have two Black grand-parents, one mixed Native grandparent, and one Native grandparent. The racial make-up of Mexico varies. Most are Indians, others Mestizo, very few are Negroes, and even fewer are plain Spaniards. Those Mexicans will tell you they lay claim to southwestern states. I don't know what they have to say about their North American Brothers, butr that division is for them to work out.

When Black people lived all over the earth, then that would have been a non-issue.

It is an issue. They may not have densely populated one particular area, but they were scattered. Just because some of these Islanders and Aboriginals don't have West African features, doesn't mean they are not our distant relatives.:)

spicybrown said:
Why on earth would we even think of supporting any illegal immigrant, when we can barely help ourselves? Draw a conclusion on this: Who was really there to help us during our trial & error? Who fought for our civil rights? Who is benefitting from them, but still show contempt for us? Do we have any allies in the U.S.? Blacks are only one step up from immigrants, economically speaking. We've done more marching than am Army squad, so let them EARN their respect, just as we struggle to maintain ours daily. How many Armenian, Mexican, South East Asian, Russian, even African organizations can we call upon when our $hit hits the fan? They have all the support any one community has to offer. We don't need foreigners leeching off of our historical strength and warrior spirit! Sources tell me it costs $1,500 in fees to become a legal U.S. citizen, but instead the Central Americans pay 'coyotes' to smuggle them in with that $1,500, and risk deportation. With all they money make here, they don't bother saving any toward that fee!!?? *sighs*

Who was really there to help us during our trial & error? Who fought for our civil rights? Who is benefitting from them, but still show contempt for us?

Do we have any allies in the U.S.?

No because we do not have a Consulate!

Everyone has one but African Americans. If you were in Spain and got into trouble. You would think I will go to the American Consulate. Well imagine how much service and support you will get. Natta....

If we had a Consulate ( Consulate of African Americans ) we too could get 3% loans to open businesses.

Yesterday I saw a neighborhood in East Palo Alto. In 1982 it had this corner sewed up with black owned businesses. Two sides of the street.

Yesterday I looked. The Mexicans took all that. The local police opened a center for themselves to pretend they had community presence and that took up half of one building. Of course the doors were locked no one there. Chains and bars all on the windows.

But the Mexicans get money for each citizen here. Loans and Mexico is paid for each citizen I believe. Congress must flood the voting booth this November or Bush will be Impeached by Democrats if possible. If nothing else he becomes more lame duck than he already is. So these illegals like every election is needed. Wil be used and must become citizens NOW so they can register to vote by November. Over 8 million will be citizens by June!

Congress is the enemy.

The law makers and the pimp of us all. Not wanting to offend white citizens. Not wanting to step into an explosive issue and regulate states rights. Congress barely debated ending slavery, establishing our voting rights and giving us citizenship. They say change takes time and again and again we accept this.

Spicy makes some very valid points. Others mentioned construction jobs, that pay low wages. In the beginning they do. Once skilled and experienced. They pay much more.

How many heard or saw the news about the pay of Americans in San Francisco. Whites are paid 100% of a given salary base. Mexicans are paid 51%, Asians are paid 49% and blacks are paid 40%. Across the U.S. in general. Whites are paid 100% for a given wage and work base. Asians are paid 90% Mexican are paid 80% and blacks are paid 60%. These numbers until I find the article are slightly off but not the percentages paid blacks. Those stuck in my head. I know I am under paid.

I often get questions from employers. Why did you stay at this job or most of these jobs for a year and a half? You have some great experience, but don’t seem to stay long? After I explain the misconception and the joint venture two of the jobs combine to make 5 years. I look at them like .. You just harrasing me. You don't really Care. It is frustrating.

The bottom line is there is nothing wrong with growth. So that will be my new line to quiet the concerned. In reality they aren’t concerned. The point being I am not one to remain when another opportunity opens for higher wages. It is why I got out of bed! Is what I want to say. See Blacks used to talk from the cuff and stayed real in the sixty's. This why we made some progress.

Kente what will your next book be about? Take the gloves off and rock the nation. I hope you come thru with some hard hitting political truth. I am working on some with a brother from Nigeria. Disparage in pay, racism, discrimination, Issues with an African perspective. Congress and the way money is controlled and the way Congress and all politician s mirror gangs. They mirror them and establish a take mentality because this is all they do. Use people, pimp them, deny them and have them do their bidding like fight for this country, but when you return you’re still a second class citizen Negro Man. The true man without a country.

Spicy you are right on point.

America has always said practice. Be patient and we are patient people. Change takes time.

But didn’t they rush this immigration bill thru in a week?

Didn’t the South get restored quickly and rebuilt with funds set aside for Black Slaves and Reparations when the issue came up and was promised to black slaves in 1866. No lie yes it was.. and news today is old news repeated.:ref:

So if my ancestors were suppose to get reparations. And were cheated not only denied to rebuild the South. Then those reparations are still due. ( See if I was in Congress, they would toss me out for speaking the truth ) Pour them into the black community. I don't want them. But give us low interest loans, a real hand up not a hand out that is always used to cripple us more and make us more dependent like children. This what they call and say about us. W are lie children. Always complaining, needing and suckling off mommies breast.

NOT ME! If a puppy is mad at his mother.. he bites her..nipple. I say we BITE the HELL out of that Elephant!
Donkeys have teeth and can kick. Lets kick his big old, good old boys butt! VOTE... write and speak the truth.

Voting rights were given to Slaves in 1865 and taken back. It took another 100 years of patience to get a quasi-bill of cancelable rights at best.

This patience thing is a real problem. It has cost us progress and erosion in rights, jobs, economic growth and respect. Congress and America in general has to get up off ( my neck, my mind, my back and my children and grandchildren’s futures. ) the slow pony and give us our due. Once and for all!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back