Black People : Did We Inherit Our Division From Africa?

You got a good point.

I think Cherry Blossom is reaching for alternative explanations which is not inherently wrong in of itself. We must not be afraid to explore and think of any and all avenues that may have contributed to our present dysfunction. Better to explore all options and disprove them all than to explore none and still look for an answer.

Tuhwi

Alternative explanations??? Could you please explain how an alternative will help us, as opposed to the truth helping us?

We can not continue to allow ourselves to continue with being side swiped by white folks trying to confuse us about the truth. We don't even have to look at our past, we can take a look at the present and see who are the most divisive people. We can clearly see who the global wolves in sheeps clothing are.

I am not saying that CB is wrong about anything. However, I am just wondering what was the seed that prompted her to inquire about such, particularly in the way that she has presented?

As for exploring all avenues in an effort to explain our dysfunction, how is it that we are more or less dysfunctional than Asians, and Whites or any other race or nationality of people? Or, before I ask that question, I guess I should ask how did we arrive at the question "Did We Inherit Our Division From Africa? What is this question based on in comparison to, if in comparison to anything?

Astrologer4U

The question is Valid, I agree.

Cherryblosom, I think that our dis-unity is primarily from extreme-individualism promoted by U.S. culture.
I don’t see how cast systems from long ago in Africa would retain a long lasting effect on our scythe today. The cast systems from some and not all African nations, would be discarded within the first generation in slavery.

I sincerely don’t think that our dis-unity is from religion, the lack of self esteem of some of us. I don’t thick that this self-hate thing you talk of, would keep us divided. Most of the citizens of this nation are divided due to the very culture we live in, the culture of individual self sustaining
Egos.

Thanks again for this topic. Makes us think of what we face.

Well, for sure I don't think those tribal wars which preceded the slave trade and Colonialism were over religion. One race or group of people invade, raid, and conquer other peoples for plain old greed and power.

So, all I'm saying is that if some "self-hate" was present in Africa before European invasion, then that would have made it that much easier for the White man to divide us even more through slavery.

And that's the whole point of this thread. I wondered how much of our divisive today here and in Africa was present before European invasion and how much it was intensified because of European invasion, Colonialism, and the slave trade.

I just think it's something to think about.....

Alternative explanations??? Could you please explain how an alternative will help us, as opposed to the truth helping us?

We can not continue to allow ourselves to continue with being side swiped by white folks trying to confuse us about the truth. We don't even have to look at our past, we can take a look at the present and see who are the most divisive people. We can clearly see who the global wolves in sheeps clothing are.

I am not saying that CB is wrong about anything. However, I am just wondering what was the seed that prompted her to inquire about such, particularly in the way that she has presented?

As for exploring all avenues in an effort to explain our dysfunction, how is it that we are more or less dysfunctional than Asians, and Whites or any other race or nationality of people? Or, before I ask that question, I guess I should ask how did we arrive at the question "Did We Inherit Our Division From Africa? What is this question based on in comparison to, if in comparison to anything?

Astrologer4U
In comparison to other ethnic groups banding together for the benefit of their race, like Elijah Muhammed states Europeans do, but we argue wether unity is necessary or not or wether race exists or not.

, I guess I should ask how did we arrive at the question "Did We Inherit Our Division From Africa? What is this question based on in comparison to, if in comparison to anything?

Well, no, I didn't put the word "some" in the title (really, I thought it would be too long w/the extra word); but I did clarify that in my posts.

I never said that we may get ALL of our present-day divisive from this factor.

But, I did pose the possibility that SOME of it may have which was exacerbated through European invasion of Africa, Colonialism, and the slave trade.

There is so much of our African history that we DON'T know. So, IMO, it's a valid possibility; and, I think, one that deserves further thought.

I posed the question because we really DON'T KNOW all of our African history BEFORE European invasion.

African tribes fought with each other and enslaved their "prisoners of war" long before the White man got there....That's what, partially, assisted them in their subsequent conquering of Africa....African tribal chiefs sold their slaves to the slave traders. .

But Africans do and I am not talking about sell out Africans, I am talking about Africans who have preserved our history through accurate oral tradition. Credo Mutwa said it best "Africans hate war" Most of that information that we get about Africa comes from white people. This is why people tell African Americans to visit Africa, if you do, maybe you can be friend some of the villagers and they will share a few things with you. If we haven't heard it from the African Shamans/ Priest/ Babas... AKA horses mouth, we should then rely on our third eye, but definately not by white mans books and the words of African sell outs. Again, it is clear as day today, to see who the wolves in sheeps clothing are. Africans did not invent guns, bombs, and weapons of mass destruction that can take this entire planet out.

You don't think it's possible that, even in the throes of common enslavement, that some of those first African slaves retained some of their native animosities towards other tribes, especially when they were thrown together on a slave ship or on a plantation with people of the very tribes who invaded their own villages before the White man got there?

I think it is possible that Africans had some disagreements, no doubt. However, there is no such thing as slavery or enslavement the way that white people have done in America. in Africa. We must be careful not to compare something that can not be compared. Africans who took other Africans did not take away their culture and did not forever and ever make them servants unto them. Servants could be released and could marry if they wanted to they could even go back to their tribes once their time was up.

Yes, there is evidence of unity amongst us during slavery and there is also evidence of betrayal of each other in those same slave rebellions you mentioned which, today, we attribute solely to the "self-hate" we learned while being enslaved.

Those who did the betrayal were no more than cowards, you can't blame a coward for being afraid of death, if you don't know what it is like to be that afraid of something. If they were not afraid of the unknown, they would have not been cowards. Being a coward has nothing to do with a desire or inherent need for being divisive, although being a coward can lead to betrayal, hence division due to trust issues.

However, I pose the possibility that there was some "self-hate" present in Africa before the slave trade and Colonialism.

And what would you base that on?

Astrologer4U

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back