Black People : Africans did NOT sell their own people into slavery

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by OldSoul, Feb 5, 2018.

1. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +1,105
  2. Senegal

Senegal Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +400
    I appreciate the information. The subject to me is one that is used to distract from the point. Even if Africans did sell their own people (Black people), that doesnt mean europeans were obligated to buy and subject to chattel slavery. Thats like saying someone forced you to buy something you didnt want.

Now I know some African countries have apologized for their role in slavery and are attempting to provide reparations.

https://rastafari.tv/ghana-gives-free-land-descendants-slaves-repatriate-right-abode-bill-573/
    Ghana Gives Free Land to Descendants of Slaves to Repatriate: Right of Abode Bill #573 – RasTafari TV™ | 24/7 Strictly Conscious Multimedia Network
    rastafari.tv

3. Senegal

United States
    Ratings:
    +400
    I appreciate the information. The subject to me is one that is used to distract from the point. Even if Africans did sell their own people (Black people), that doesnt mean europeans were obligated to buy and subject to chattel slavery. Thats like saying someone forced you to buy something you didnt want.

Now I know some African countries have apologized for their role in slavery and are attempting to provide reparations.

4. Senegal

United States
    Ratings:
    +400

https://rastafari.tv/ghana-gives-free-land-descendants-slaves-repatriate-right-abode-bill-573/
    Ghana Gives Free Land to Descendants of Slaves to Repatriate: Right of Abode Bill #573 – RasTafari TV™ | 24/7 Strictly Conscious Multimedia Network
    rastafari.tv

5. Symbol of America

Symbol of America going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RET: EMS & TPD
    Ratings:
    +895
    Sounds like The Europeans are like, get lost. Your reparations are all of your own people that left your country that we willingly took into our country without giving them the immigration grief you're putting on your own in America to return to their homeland. Ghana.

6. frankster

frankster Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +133
    True Africans did not sell their own peoples into slavery, they sold other Africans whom they did not consider as their own people into slavery....ie conquered enemies or just members of another African nation.

7. ogoun

ogoun Active Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +30
    Yeh, we've all heard that old trite equivocation from both white liberals and racist southern revisionists; 'well ya'll do know the African did (abet in) sell their own into slavery'. Or how about this one, 'the A. Indian often killed, murdered and warred among themselves and took slaves from other tribes'.
    And it's always done in such a manner as if it absolves them of all their past genocides, all their past sins and continued present day crimes.

However, playing with semantics doesn't get one anything but some feel good high based on nothing more than a lie by omission. To take a more twisted view on what the essay says...... 'a rose by any other name would smell as sweet'. Playing in the war of words only plays into their game because the truth never gets to see the light of day, which is their objective because that would mean the truth of today remains hidden behind word games.
    If ya catch my drift.

Here's a short account of what is purported to be from the last known survivor of the Atlantic slave trade between Africa and the U.S.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cudjoe_Lewis
    Cudjoe Lewis - Wikipedia
    en.wikipedia.org

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +14,391

Point made Senegal, and here's more insight and back-drop to what actually happened...

https://destee.com/threads/dr-henry...-for-the-slave-trade.78190/page-3#post-840173

Black People : - Dr Henry Louis Gates says that Africans were 90% responsible for the slave trade

We need not to settle for the BS anymore. We have our own minds to think about our sitiations. Loving yourself will lead to good thoughts about...
    destee.com