Black People : Did We Inherit Our Division From Africa?

racist propaganda, plain and simple

Considering the ages upon ages of clans blending not to mention all the clans outside of the continent that blended, posing such a question is just ignorant.

We're all largely ignorant of the centuries old/ancient histories of African peoples' customs and mores.

And since none of us know for sure, the question is a valid one.

We're all largely ignorant of the centuries old/ancient histories of African peoples' customs and mores.

It would be a great idea for you to speak for yourself on this matter.

the question is a valid one.

No it's not. It's an entirely racist notion and question.

And that's the whole point of this thread. I wondered how much of our divisive today here and in Africa was present before European invasion and how much it was intensified because of European invasion, Colonialism, and the slave trade.

I just think it's something to think about.

It makes me wonder about the Africans enslaved in the Americas who perhaps carried their native caste system perceptions and prejudices with them and it may have contributed to some of the distrust and betrayal of other slaves we know of which we attribute solely to the "self-hate" we inherited from the mental and emotional "divide and conquer" tactics of slave masters.

If some African peoples had a caste system prior to and separate from European influences, then some of our present-day "self-hate" may not be exclusively linked to Colonialism, Christianity, Islam, or any other ruling/invading factors in Africa.

Actually, Cherry Blossom, I think it is possible. I think this is something we may need to explore in greater detail.

I'm all for it.

Tuhwi

You can't be serious...

It makes me wonder about the Africans enslaved in the Americas who perhaps carried their native caste system perceptions and prejudices with them and it may have contributed to some of the distrust and betrayal of other slaves we know of which we attribute solely to the "self-hate" we inherited from the mental and emotional "divide and conquer" tactics of slave masters.

If some African peoples had a caste system prior to and separate from European influences, then some of our present-day "self-hate" may not be exclusively linked to Colonialism, Christianity, Islam, or any other ruling/invading factors in Africa.

With all of the stuff you been talking around here about African people, I don't understand what could make you say the part I put in big letters. If we are to be totally ignorant of how things were in Africa before we came here, we would be even more so ignorant after being in slavery for 400 years don't you think? White folks made sure to rob us of everything, our language, culture, education, names etcetera etcetera... but you think that after all we have been robbed of, it is possible that we held on to our, inherit division???? That is about one of the most absurd logics I have ever heard of coming from you. Which makes me wonder about the real intent behind this thread.

How do you account for people like Harriet Tubman? How do you account for people like Nat Turner? How do you account for Gabriel Prosser and Denmark Vessey?

There is more evidence of black people sticking together during slavery, the white slave owners talked about it in their biography books. Even when slavery was over, black people stuck together, the division is not because of us. We already have white folks going around trying to make/create a history where black folks were or are nothing but divisive backward, unintelligent, in capable useless idiots. We don't need to be helping them even more so do that job. Try looking for proof of black unity rather than black divisiveness.

Astrologer4U

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back