destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello Family,

While I normally take a vote before making a change on the forum, I've done this a little different. I've made the change and will consider your opinions regarding this decision if you care to share them with me.

There are 2 options available to us when it comes to deleting posts on the forum.

1. All Members are allowed to delete their own posts.

==> Click on the EDIT button, toward the bottom right you'll see a DELETE button. Click it and your post will be deleted.

2. If that post is the beginning of a thread, you'll only be able to delete your words, not anyone else's posts.

==> Click on the EDIT button, and just remove the content of your post, your words will then be deleted, leaving all other posts intact.

Until a few minutes ago, each of us had the ability to delete our own posts, as well as others, if our post was the beginning of the thread. Now, you can only remove your post / words, not the posts of others. The reason I changed this is because I don't think it's right or fair for a person to delete the contributions of others, even if they started the thread. I know many have often responded in rhyme to the peace's others post or taken much time in preparing their response ... only to have it deleted if the starter of the thread deletes their post.

I don't want you to think that I'm trying to hold your work captive, there is a workaround to this. If you are the starter of the thread and want to delete your contribution to it, simply click on "EDIT" and edit out all of your work in that post, perhaps leaving only the text "deleted" if you'd like, then resubmit. This will remove your contribution while still leaving the contribution of those who took the time to respond.

I do welcome your thoughts regarding this.

Destee

Brother Alpha Male ... i understand what you're saying. When you make a post, someone may "quote" your words, actually making your post a part of their response. So when this happens, you can only edit/delete your post ... but you cannot edit/delete the other person's post.

You're right, deleting your post won't remove your quoted words from someone else's post.

There's really not an easy way to do this. Even if you contacted me, and asked me to remove all of your posts, it would still leave the quoted text in other folk's posts.

We would have to actually go to each Member's post, that had ever quoted you, and manually edit their posts, removing your words. This is not something i can tell you we'll do. It's far too time consuming to promise this to each Member.

Unfortunately, the only thing i can suggest, is that you don't post here, if this is a concern for you.

Wish i had something else to offer.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back