Black People : CRITICIZING BLACK FOLKS - WITH LOVE...

Ralfa'il said:
Isaiah

Respect

Criticizing black folks with love???????

Hmmmm.....

Diplomacy isn't my forte.

I was never much on sweet talking or finding eloquent words to flow off a honey coated tongue that makes so many of our people swoon and have mental orgams.

Whether I'm talking religion, politics, science...or criticizing my own people.

I'm a "from the hip" straight shooter sort of guy like brother Khalid Muhammad.

I wish I could be a little more charming or convincing as I've seen the affect that it has on our people in getting your point across and encouraging them to change their ways, but alas....everyone isn't cut like that.

Perhaps there is room for "fire and brimstone" bruthaz like me who love to point the finger and condemn a society to hell if they don't change.

Well, my Beloved Brother Ralfa'il, I am cut from this same cloth, but I've found that it is awfully difficult to offer legitimate criticism of African folk, and not get a very sensitive response from us...

I understand why this is, and I am sure you do, as well, and we just have to understand that as long as this condition remains among us, we must ascertain a different path to our goal(smile!) That's the ticket for me, brother - what will get us to the promised real estate...

Peace!
Isaiah

I love this -- CRITICISM -- CRITICIZING -- One of my favorite topics :)

This is one of my favorite topics. I encourage the people that I love to be able to take negative and positive criticism. I have also explained to them that being able to examine another's critique of you can take you to a hire level more so than a person only pointing out what is already good.

It is almost like going to the doctor and being told that your breath stinks or that there is an odor coming from your abdomen that should not be there. To find that you need a colonic is not good news but may be necessary for your health -- it may even save your life. I view criticism the same way.

It is not easy when some one criticizes you and you may want to block out what they are saying to you -- but the need to be honest with yourself should be greater than the need to contiue to lie you yourself.

This is not to say that every time someone criticizes you that they are correct -- but it is an opportunity for self-reflection. If is does turn out that a person's critique of you is more a reflection of them -- you can point that out to that person. That person may be toxic to you. Criticism, in most cases, have aided in my evolution.

I know that most people know the definitions of criticize, but for the ones that are learning --->
criticize from Websters :) .

Main Entry: crit·i·cize
Pronunciation: 'kri-t&-"sIz
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): -cized; -ciz·ing
intransitive senses : to act as a critic
transitive senses
1 : to consider the merits and demerits of and judge accordingly : EVALUATE
2 : to find fault with : point out the faults of
- crit·i·ciz·able /-"sI-z&-b&l/ adjective
- crit·i·ciz·er noun
synonyms CRITICIZE, REPREHEND, CENSURE, REPROBATE, CONDEMN, DENOUNCE mean to find fault with openly. CRITICIZE implies finding fault especially with methods or policies or intentions <criticized the police for using violence>. REPREHEND implies both criticism and severe rebuking <reprehends the self-centeredness of today's students>. CENSURE carries a strong suggestion of authority and of reprimanding <a Senator formally censured by his peers>. REPROBATE implies strong disapproval or firm refusal to sanction <reprobated his son's unconventional lifestyle>. CONDEMN usually suggests an unqualified and final unfavorable judgment <condemned the government's racial policies>. DENOUNCE adds to CONDEMN the implication of a public declaration <a pastoral letter denouncing abortion>.

jamesfrmphilly said:
why all the interest in criticizing black folk?

does this stem from a belief that black folk NEED to be criticized?
that we are doing something wrong?
that we need to be whipped into shape?

that we are inferior?
Isaiah said:
Apparently, Oprah Winfrey needs to be "whipped into shape"?

Peace!
Isaiah
do you mean she is into S&M too?

jamesfrmphilly said:
Apparently, Oprah Winfrey needs to be "whipped into shape"?

Peace!
Isaiah
do you mean she is into S&M too?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, brother, that's your quote, which is based on the fact that YOU said AFrican people don't need to be criticized... What do you call what you're doing to Oprah??? Calling her a DEVIL is supposed to be a compliment???

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back