Pan Africanism : Chinese create unease in Afrika

kemetkind said:
I have been working lately with a cousin who has moved to South Africa...he's plugging me in and I'll be going over later this year.

From what he says - the Chinese are all over, hands in everything. But he says it's not as if Africans don't see what's happening and (according to him) not all of the relationships are predatory.

As far as continental Africans seeing us as jokes, maybe some of them do but those of us with skills and/or money are both wanted and needed on the continent.

Some of the leaders on the continent are starting to be more vocal about that and knowing someone personally who has transitioned well is enough of a testimony for me (my cuz has been there since 1992 running his two businesses).

interesting p.o.v.

"As far as continental Africans seeing us as jokes, maybe some of the do but those of us with skills and/or money are both wanted and needed on the continent."

Key words: "those of us with skills and/or money"

Even then those of us with skills and/or money are not in numbers to replace the chinese, koreans, mexicans, cubans, brazilians or arabs that are they actively involved in trade or providing technical skill, particularly not is south africa. and the african "americans" who are there are NOT dictating to continental afrikans what course their governments should take and this is due in large part because of a lack of trust, and rightly so. there are more than a few black "americans" who have worked covertly for the cia/nsa/us government in creating political unrest and assisting in the overthrow of progressive and revolutionary afrrican heads of states. Furthermore, let's be real. Everyone knows that there are insufficient numbers of black "american" trained/skilled labor within our own communities in the unitred states and the ones who are skilled, for the most part, are not involved in developing our own communiites because they work and reside mostly in the suburbs. To understand this further one need look closer at the social relations that most continental africans develop when they study abroad and attend colleges and universities in the us. do they tend to socialize and network mainly with african "americans"?? for the most part, i would say no, based on first-hand personal experience with a large number of "black conscious" and "revolutionary" (i.e "Marxist") africans who have a tendencey to attend majority white colleges/universities,particularly at the graduate and post graduate level.

I-khan said:
I am developing the skills AND the money (got a new job) and I want to help our people all over, I know their are some organizations operated by us BUT I am not sure where to start, any ideas?

I'm just getting started with this too, but my cousin tells me he works with an organization purposed to setting up a "landing pad" for diasporans wanting to connect with continental Africans. He is in South Africa but says he's hooked up with west africans too. He's in the states now but will be headed back at the end of the month. As I get more details I'll post them here...gimme a few days.

As far as Afrakans from the diaspora with skills and money. Truly that is needed in Afraka. We as people of Afrakan descent need to demands that our Black colleges, educate our children to use their knowledge and skills to develop Black people all over the world. We need to demand this from Morehouse, Howard, Spelman, etc. I looked at Morehouse' graduation class online the other day. One of the talented graduates is going to China or South Amerikkka. What is wrong these colleges, not to teach these brothers to head right over to Afraka. It is a shame and disgrace that they are not targeting Afraka; as if Afraka is an after thought to them. I blame the administrators.

I employ all of us who have relatives and friends attending and teaching at Black colleges to encourage them to make sure our children go to Afraka as exchange students. Forget europe, china, south amerikkka. Afraka should be priority in the minds of Black colleges. We have to make it priority by demanding it to be.

My goal is to open a school in Senegal, soley for exchange students, at risk youth, training programs etc. for our people. I intend to use my retirement to do so.

I am the process of writing proposal and will send it out for people to help me. I am not going to sit back and watch people take over our continent lying down. It behooves all of us to make it a priority to direct our children to Afraka, for trips, excursions, retreats, education, exchanges. We should be the chickens coming home to roost.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back