Pan Africanism : Bring on the chinese!

Zulile

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 24, 2007
Occupation
HR/Finance
A few months ago, at the height of the Christmas shopping season, Oxfam encouraged us Britons to give “the gift of dung” to Africa. That’s right: dung. Apparently poor African farmers like nothing better at Christmas time than to receive a bucket of **** with which they can fertilise their crops.

Oxfam called on British consumers to donate some of their Christmas shopping money to its new campaign to send “funusual” gifts to poor parts of Africa. Alongside the gift of crap, you could also lavish poor Africans with the gift of condoms (”Rubberly jubberly!” said the Oxfam website), five bags of seeds (”We’re sacks maniacs!”) or a goat (”a mobile source of income”).

“Buy someone a gift related to Oxfam’s work and make a real difference to the world,” the charity yelped.

Contrast this “funusual” approach to Third World development with the work of Chinese businessmen and officials in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Last week, BBC TV’s Newsnight revealed that the Chinese have a signed a trade deal with the DRC worth a whopping $9-billion. As part of this package, the Chinese will help to build 2 400 miles of road, 2 000 miles of railway, 32 hospitals, 145 health centres and two universities in the DRC.

Now, if you were (or are) a poor African struggling to make ends meet, who would you prefer to see treading a path to your village? A worthy, well-spoken NGO volunteer from Islington in London laden with the gifts of ****, contraception, goats and seed? Or a Chinese guy in a suit wielding plans to build roads and factories and schools and in the process create thousands of new jobs?

I thought so. Bring on the Chinese.

read more:
http://www.thoughtleader.co.za/brendanoneill/2008/04/24/bring-on-the-chinese/

Zulile said:
A few months ago, at the height of the Christmas shopping season, Oxfam encouraged us Britons to give “the gift of dung” to Africa. That’s right: dung. Apparently poor African farmers like nothing better at Christmas time than to receive a bucket of **** with which they can fertilise their crops.

Oxfam called on British consumers to donate some of their Christmas shopping money to its new campaign to send “funusual” gifts to poor parts of Africa. Alongside the gift of crap, you could also lavish poor Africans with the gift of condoms (”Rubberly jubberly!” said the Oxfam website), five bags of seeds (”We’re sacks maniacs!”) or a goat (”a mobile source of income”).

“Buy someone a gift related to Oxfam’s work and make a real difference to the world,” the charity yelped.

Contrast this “funusual” approach to Third World development with the work of Chinese businessmen and officials in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Last week, BBC TV’s Newsnight revealed that the Chinese have a signed a trade deal with the DRC worth a whopping $9-billion. As part of this package, the Chinese will help to build 2 400 miles of road, 2 000 miles of railway, 32 hospitals, 145 health centres and two universities in the DRC.

Now, if you were (or are) a poor African struggling to make ends meet, who would you prefer to see treading a path to your village? A worthy, well-spoken NGO volunteer from Islington in London laden with the gifts of ****, contraception, goats and seed? Or a Chinese guy in a suit wielding plans to build roads and factories and schools and in the process create thousands of new jobs?

I thought so. Bring on the Chinese.

read more:
http://www.thoughtleader.co.za/brendanoneill/2008/04/24/bring-on-the-chinese/

I just spit out my coffee!:haha: :em2300: :em2300: :10900: I better not go any further, i can feel a rap on my knuckles already!:SuN038: :SuN037: :zipit: LMBAO

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back