Black Weight Loss : Black women weight woes ( blame on Hair)

Yes sir, let me explain. A black woman loves to please her man. When there's an issue of going with him, lets say over a weekend or anywhere that might call for outside activities where our hair can be messed up, we worry and emotional eating comes into play. We need to look good for him and keep up with his wants and desires. Its hard to keep Black Hair looking good. Its a lot of work and takes a lot of time. If we're not wearing it natural. I have lost my hair a couple of times to the over perming and relaxers. I gained so much weight during that time waiting for my hair to grow back. Its an emotional thing brothers and its real.

If our hair is the problem for our obesity then we need to re-think about why are we putting that chemical in our hair. I don't see any black men perming their hair to look good for us (yuck!). Ok, there may be a few men out there who perm their hair! LOL But can’t we look good for our men with our hair being in its natural state? Beautiful and Nappy! And yes we do love to please our men but who is pleasing us? Hair is the least of my emotional eating worries.....

What about black men and their weight woes!!!! What is their problem or excuse for being over weight and sloppy looking? Where is the study for over weight fat black men? Is anyone doing a study on them?

Maybe a lot of black women have weight issues because they put everyone (family, job, friends, husband/boyfriend, parents) else’s needs ahead of their owns. When you are doing for everyone else you seem to forget to put in time for yourself.

I agree and i'm sure there has been one done because many men are in woes of good health
weight gain and un-groomed which bring me to wonder why we don't take care of ourselves
go to the gym and exercise more to stay fit and in shape , many blame the food/diet you may
hear mostly every reason to get around it.

If our hair is the problem for our obesity then we need to re-think about why are we putting that chemical in our hair. I don't see any black men perming their hair to look good for us (yuck!). Ok, there may be a few men out there who perm their hair! LOL But can’t we look good for our men with our hair being in its natural state? Beautiful and Nappy! And yes we do love to please our men but who is pleasing us? Hair is the least of my emotional eating worries.....

Again i agree, most women please themselves and not worry what a man think and some
do the question is what drives many of us into obesity .........study say stress is #1

Yes stress from different stressors in our lives. Hair for our women is a big pat of this. Not, totally no, but a big part. You hear guys speak of it often. Not swimming, hiking, you know outdoor stuff. I agree Indigo, it shouldn't be and more and
more we're getting a grip and taking care of ourselves.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back