Black People : Black People are Destroying Each Other

Funny, I don't see as how I alluded anything, I thought I was being pretty straight, not disguising anything at all.

I don't understand, who said anything about preventing from hurting the feelings of our loved ones?

I'm sorry, but after a certain age, you can't go around spanking people. You can only help them the best way you can and then let them go about their own way. When I say you, I don't mean you per say. At some point, we have to trust the intelligence of each other. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. The horse will only drink if he is thirsty. Same thing can be applied to the analogy of planting seeds/knowledge. If you have truly planted seeds of knowledge, when the harvest time comes and you haven't planted in shallow grounds, your seeds will have sprouted into the result of the roots it came from, in this case knowledge. The analogy of shallow grounds can be applied to the knowledge that you give out of love, falling upon deaths ears, if you do so with force, anger or manipulation. Remember now, this applies to adults, not children because you can not spank an adult, you have to use a different method other than spanking, with adults.

I have seen it from both sides the challenged and the challenger getting angry and resorting to not so positive and productive debates.

Bottom line, when it is all over, it is not about what one debates about but more of what one has done. We can talk and debate all day but at the end of the day, it is about what one has produced, in an effort to help his or her people.

People tend to follow those who have something to show/offer as a token of their love. I am not necessarily talking about material things either because there is so much that we can do for each other that has nothing to do with material trinkets, such as our time, support, resources etc. Many of us think that we have nothing to give, so we just give our knowledge, no one cares about knowledge when they are not able to feed their children. Unless, you can feed give them some food and that is the problem. A lot of our people have so many other issues going on that (in their mind) they can not afford to sacrifice all that they have known/ are used to, including the religion they have been falsely taught. They need to first experience for themselves, that what they have believed in for son long is not all that they thought it was.

Personally speaking, I was raised catholic and went to catholic school, the whole 9 yards. Deep down I always knew something was wrong with that religion although my family were devout Catholics and was raising me to be one. Even though I knew something was wrong with it, still, at the time, it was all that I knew so I was faithful to it. Until one day, when I became of age, I decided to experiment, which I was not afraid to do. Some how, some way, I had enough sense to know, that if God was my father, why would he punish me for making sure that I know the truth about him? Once I convinced my self of that, I set out to find out what was going on behind the scenes of God, Jesus, Mary and the whole 9 yards. I am no longer affiliated with any kind of religion at all and have not been for over 16 years.

That experience was for me, it was my time to transcend and I did that at my own pace, my own transcending season.

So I say again, when people are hungry, they will eat and when they are thirsty, they will drink. You can give them food and drink, but if they are not hungry or thirsty, they will not eat or drink.

If you know that what you say is the truth, let the truth speak for it self. This analogy can be applied to the hungry child. I have had children in my daycare who are angry with me for disciplining them and when lunch time comes, as long as I am in the kitchen, they will not eat their food because I cooked it... LOL I know that they are hungry yet stubborn, so what I do is, I leave the kitchen for a while. Needless to say, when I come back, that specific child's plate is clean.

Astrologer4U

I understand what you are saying, and to a certain extent, I agree. However, I am the type of person that takes things head on. I am forced MANY TIMES to allow people to remain unchanged because they are "not hungry" in order to keep the peace. But, the FACT REMAINS that people NEED TO HEAR THE TRUTH, whether they believe it or not; whether they are HUNGRY or not!

I believe that agreeing to disagree is as harmful to our people as the LIES that we have been told. This is a way out for people who REFUSE to use logic, reason, facts, and evidence to make decisions. We just want to continue to believe what we believe! This does not help us in ANY WAY move towards truth...and that is bad.

We were speaking hypothetically in our analogy about the child being spanked...in which I STAND CORRECTED...about "spanking" adults...lol. I agree with you 100% We can not spank adults. But, let me speak in SPECIFIC terms. I live in Memphis...there are MANY MANY racist white people here who do not even believe they are racist. Not only is it my duty to INFORM them of the TRUTH that they ARE IN FACT racist, but if necessary, be persistent and passionate about them understanding that what I am speaking is the truth. Do I loose some of the battles because of my approach? I am certain that I DO! However, I am equally as certain that without this approach NONE would have CHANGED. If I had only dropped nuggets of fact and wisdom, they would have not become "hungry" enough to pick them up because they ALREADY THOUGHT THEY HAD TRUTH and thus felt like they were full. And, since my experience of "enlightening" a number of racists came through passion and persistence, I believe that this is exactly the way I should approach my brothers and sisters with truth (or the quest for it). I do realize that not everyone is the same...and thus should be approached differently, but it is up to that person to be HONEST enough to say "Hey I am not willing to change what I think or believe or entertain the thoughts of anything that is contrary to what I think or believe". That is what CherryBlossom has done, and thus she is approached only with questions about things that she posts..never about her faith. Others (no names) pretend that they are open to other perspectives and facts, but in reality are not in the least. This is where the confusion/drama starts.

Oh...and I am guilty of getting angry and saying things that I shouldn't, but like I said the self-control that one has to exhibit when doing nothing but searching for truth is tremendous...and sometimes in the face of attack I have faltered gotten defensive. I am working on it. :10500:

:teach:

Read more here

As a community do we not, as individuals, hold some responsibility for the community's well being? Do each of us have roles to play in our collective development?

Should we be so complacent that we allow known infections to pass through the very veins of our community untreated - because even disease should be tolerated as long as the body doesn't complain?

I hear so often how Black ppl are destroying their own by lack of love and understanding, by killing, by cheating, by robbing, by general hating on each other.. by the sexes, by beliefs, by politics, by culture - and how we have to stop. I could not agree more. What I do not understand is how a "conscious" person cannot see some very basic, fundamental, diseases amongst us as a Black society and even worse, how Black society will defend such diseases with fevor! Kicking knowledge to the curb! insanity!

I think the vast majority agree our cultures, beliefs, languages, bodies and minds - have been stolen and warped by our oppressors. yet we continue to indulge ourselves by worshiping white gods, policing our own ppl under guidelines set by our oppressors, teaching our children how to "get along" instead of how to "live". Most are all half assed attempts to gain "equality".. I just don't get it... "compared to whom?" our oppressors never need worry about Black society as we are too busy trying to prove ourselves equal, instead of truly understanding ourselves.

For those who claim to love Black ppl there is only one recourse - and that is a full on assault towards regaining our true natures.

Can we be successful when we support leaders who steal? lie? cheat? and not only go unpunished, but continue to lead? Can we be successful when our communites refuse to debate on the very things which divide us? Are we SO BLIND we cannot see the division has been created by our oppressors? It is pure genocide, far worse that has ever been publicized - worse that Rwanda, WW2, the Congo, Apartheid.. and more.. all combined x infinity.

Why do we respect Black police officers - knowing they were formed to police our own people under the laws of our oppressors. Where is our defense? how (until recently) they could not even arrest white ppl without a white officer present - Yet they still strive to be "included" ~ and we support that too.

How can we support Black military whose sole purpose is to kill non-white ppl.

How can we support Black Bible thumpers when we know a group of white old men put that book together for the main reason of controlling the populace. (go ahead and thump your chests in denial - I'm not saying the bible is completely untrue, only that it has been modified and is not complete.. )

How can we, as Black people - have any integrity if we approach our very survival with the quip "anything goes".

NOT EVERYTHING GOES.

"If you're deaf, dumb, and blind to what's happening in the world, you're under no obligation to do anything. But if you know what's happening and you don't do anything but sit on your ***, then you're nothing but a punk" - Assata Shakur

the revolution till not be televised: it's happening on home ground. now.

http://www.gilscottheron.com/lyrevol.html

:welldone:

Funny, I don't see as how I alluded anything, I thought I was being pretty straight, not disguising anything at all.

I don't understand, who said anything about preventing from hurting the feelings of our loved ones?

I'm sorry, but after a certain age, you can't go around spanking people. You can only help them the best way you can and then let them go about their own way. When I say you, I don't mean you per say. At some point, we have to trust the intelligence of each other. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. The horse will only drink if he is thirsty. Same thing can be applied to the analogy of planting seeds/knowledge. If you have truly planted seeds of knowledge, when the harvest time comes and you haven't planted in shallow grounds, your seeds will have sprouted into the result of the roots it came from, in this case knowledge. The analogy of shallow grounds can be applied to the knowledge that you give out of love, falling upon deaths ears, if you do so with force, anger or manipulation. Remember now, this applies to adults, not children because you can not spank an adult, you have to use a different method other than spanking, with adults.

I have seen it from both sides the challenged and the challenger getting angry and resorting to not so positive and productive debates.

Bottom line, when it is all over, it is not about what one debates about but more of what one has done. We can talk and debate all day but at the end of the day, it is about what one has produced, in an effort to help his or her people.

People tend to follow those who have something to show/offer as a token of their love. I am not necessarily talking about material things either because there is so much that we can do for each other that has nothing to do with material trinkets, such as our time, support, resources etc. Many of us think that we have nothing to give, so we just give our knowledge, no one cares about knowledge when they are not able to feed their children. Unless, you can feed give them some food and that is the problem. A lot of our people have so many other issues going on that (in their mind) they can not afford to sacrifice all that they have known/ are used to, including the religion they have been falsely taught. They need to first experience for themselves, that what they have believed in for son long is not all that they thought it was.

Personally speaking, I was raised catholic and went to catholic school, the whole 9 yards. Deep down I always knew something was wrong with that religion although my family were devout Catholics and was raising me to be one. Even though I knew something was wrong with it, still, at the time, it was all that I knew so I was faithful to it. Until one day, when I became of age, I decided to experiment, which I was not afraid to do. Some how, some way, I had enough sense to know, that if God was my father, why would he punish me for making sure that I know the truth about him? Once I convinced my self of that, I set out to find out what was going on behind the scenes of God, Jesus, Mary and the whole 9 yards. I am no longer affiliated with any kind of religion at all and have not been for over 16 years.

That experience was for me, it was my time to transcend and I did that at my own pace, my own transcending season.

So I say again, when people are hungry, they will eat and when they are thirsty, they will drink. You can give them food and drink, but if they are not hungry or thirsty, they will not eat or drink.

If you know that what you say is the truth, let the truth speak for it self. This analogy can be applied to the hungry child. I have had children in my daycare who are angry with me for disciplining them and when lunch time comes, as long as I am in the kitchen, they will not eat their food because I cooked it... LOL I know that they are hungry yet stubborn, so what I do is, I leave the kitchen for a while. Needless to say, when I come back, that specific child's plate is clean.

Astrologer4U

Good morning, poster...

Also I hear yah loud and clear...

Though your's is a different take:

So try to give others a wee bi tmore time etc. to find out whether or not it may work for them too!

Good luck!

Best wishes...

Take care...

Peace...

I understand what you are saying, and to a certain extent, I agree. However, I am the type of person that takes things head on. I am forced MANY TIMES to allow people to remain unchanged because they are "not hungry" in order to keep the peace. But, the FACT REMAINS that people NEED TO HEAR THE TRUTH, whether they believe it or not; whether they are HUNGRY or not!

I believe that agreeing to disagree is as harmful to our people as the LIES that we have been told. This is a way out for people who REFUSE to use logic, reason, facts, and evidence to make decisions. We just want to continue to believe what we believe! This does not help us in ANY WAY move towards truth...and that is bad.

We were speaking hypothetically in our analogy about the child being spanked...in which I STAND CORRECTED...about "spanking" adults...lol. I agree with you 100% We can not spank adults. But, let me speak in SPECIFIC terms. I live in Memphis...there are MANY MANY racist white people here who do not even believe they are racist. Not only is it my duty to INFORM them of the TRUTH that they ARE IN FACT racist, but if necessary, be persistent and passionate about them understanding that what I am speaking is the truth. Do I loose some of the battles because of my approach? I am certain that I DO! However, I am equally as certain that without this approach NONE would have CHANGED. If I had only dropped nuggets of fact and wisdom, they would have not become "hungry" enough to pick them up because they ALREADY THOUGHT THEY HAD TRUTH and thus felt like they were full. And, since my experience of "enlightening" a number of racists came through passion and persistence, I believe that this is exactly the way I should approach my brothers and sisters with truth (or the quest for it). I do realize that not everyone is the same...and thus should be approached differently, but it is up to that person to be HONEST enough to say "Hey I am not willing to change what I think or believe or entertain the thoughts of anything that is contrary to what I think or believe". That is what CherryBlossom has done, and thus she is approached only with questions about things that she posts..never about her faith. Others (no names) pretend that they are open to other perspectives and facts, but in reality are not in the least. This is where the confusion/drama starts.

Oh...and I am guilty of getting angry and saying things that I shouldn't, but like I said the self-control that one has to exhibit when doing nothing but searching for truth is tremendous...and sometimes in the face of attack I have faltered gotten defensive. I am working on it. :10500:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back