Black People : Black People are Destroying Each Other

I disagreed with what you had to say also...at least that particular portion of your post. It is NOT SELF HATE to want your people to have TRUTH!

People (not just black people) do not like to have their ideas, beliefs, and opinions challenged. That is where all of the drama on this site starts. I am just now beginning to accept that. It is DIFFICULT because we SHOULD challenge each others ideas, beliefs, and opinions to see if they hold up to scrutiny. If they do...then it is probable that it is truth...or the closest thing we have to it at this point in time. If it does NOT hold up to scrutiny that it is probable that it is NOT TRUTH.

Debate is NOT DIVISIVE OR DRAMA in and of itself. It is a great way to exchange ideas, thoughts, perspectives, and facts in order to arrive at truth. It only becomes a problem when one or both of the parties in the debate do not have truth as their goal. If one or both of the debaters have as their goal to continue to believe what they believe without regard for facts, logic, and reason THEN there is drama.

People (not just black people) don't like change. And even more obvious than that, we don't like to be wrong! Some of us KNOW that once we are corrected (when we are wrong) that it is a good thing because we just learned something! Those of us that are trying to arrive at truth and that want that for all of our people don't have it as our mission to tear our brothers and sisters down or divide us. The perception is that we are the catalyst for the negativity. I am now understanding WHY this is the perception and I am starting slow my push towards truth because it seems to offend people to have what they think/believe challenged. It is disheartening to have to do this in order to keep the peace, but it is not the first or the last thing I will have to do that I don't like in order to "get along" with my people.

So, because truth is our mission it may SEEM LIKE we are facilitating drama, but TRUST ME WHEN I SAY...THAT SELF HATE is nowhere close to being the reason we do what we do!
:bullseye:Debate is NOT DIVISIVE OR DRAMA in and of itself. It is a great way to exchange ideas, thoughts, perspectives, and facts in order to arrive at truth.
On point brotha. :bullseye:

SOCIETAL INTEGRITY

Read more here

As a community do we not, as individuals, hold some responsibility for the community's well being? Do each of us have roles to play in our collective development?

Should we be so complacent that we allow known infections to pass through the very veins of our community untreated - because even disease should be tolerated as long as the body doesn't complain?

I hear so often how Black ppl are destroying their own by lack of love and understanding, by killing, by cheating, by robbing, by general hating on each other.. by the sexes, by beliefs, by politics, by culture - and how we have to stop. I could not agree more. What I do not understand is how a "conscious" person cannot see some very basic, fundamental, diseases amongst us as a Black society and even worse, how Black society will defend such diseases with fevor! Kicking knowledge to the curb! insanity!

I think the vast majority agree our cultures, beliefs, languages, bodies and minds - have been stolen and warped by our oppressors. yet we continue to indulge ourselves by worshiping white gods, policing our own ppl under guidelines set by our oppressors, teaching our children how to "get along" instead of how to "live". Most are all half assed attempts to gain "equality".. I just don't get it... "compared to whom?" our oppressors never need worry about Black society as we are too busy trying to prove ourselves equal, instead of truly understanding ourselves.

For those who claim to love Black ppl there is only one recourse - and that is a full on assault towards regaining our true natures.

Can we be successful when we support leaders who steal? lie? cheat? and not only go unpunished, but continue to lead? Can we be successful when our communites refuse to debate on the very things which divide us? Are we SO BLIND we cannot see the division has been created by our oppressors? It is pure genocide, far worse that has ever been publicized - worse that Rwanda, WW2, the Congo, Apartheid.. and more.. all combined x infinity.

Why do we respect Black police officers - knowing they were formed to police our own people under the laws of our oppressors. Where is our defense? how (until recently) they could not even arrest white ppl without a white officer present - Yet they still strive to be "included" ~ and we support that too.

How can we support Black military whose sole purpose is to kill non-white ppl.

How can we support Black Bible thumpers when we know a group of white old men put that book together for the main reason of controlling the populace. (go ahead and thump your chests in denial - I'm not saying the bible is completely untrue, only that it has been modified and is not complete.. )

How can we, as Black people - have any integrity if we approach our very survival with the quip "anything goes".

NOT EVERYTHING GOES.

"If you're deaf, dumb, and blind to what's happening in the world, you're under no obligation to do anything. But if you know what's happening and you don't do anything but sit on your ***, then you're nothing but a punk" - Assata Shakur

the revolution till not be televised: it's happening on home ground. now.

http://www.gilscottheron.com/lyrevol.html

Yes there are more positive means and ways of claiming and saying the same things:

But why has everything degenerated down to the berating of each other and/or disputing each others honesty/sincerity/etc. all of a sudden?

Though as one poster said and wrote candidly and honestly:

None of us can or should be held responsibility for the misdeeds and wrongdoings of everybody else we're related to!

Yes, that might be an given to a few, but not to enough of us who are trying and striving to make a difference!

Also-- to say the least--after years of self and collective denial--that is a step forward--again!

Also another poster said and wrote mere disagreements shouldn't be put on the same level as disloyalty and/or betrayal?

Such is likewise...

Etc.

The reality is the movements of the past are just that...

In order for there to be a possibility of new ones?

One just has to rise above and beyond those past movements shortcomings too!

So please do try to be forgiving (if not forgetting) of your detractors and rivals all too human shortcomings:

And also do know you here are striving to be a part of the solution (whereas others elsewhere remain a part of the problem by the way of default)...

Anyway another FYI...

Good luck!

Best wishes...

Take care...

Peace...

:SuN020:

I understand what you are alluding to, but it simply is not true.

Funny, I don't see as how I alluded anything, I thought I was being pretty straight, not disguising anything at all.

The love that we exhibit for each other when disseminating truth...or searching for it...is much like the love we demonstrate when we admonish our children or other loved ones. We don't tell our children to "stay out of the street" and then let them get hit by a car to keep from hurting their feelings.

I don't understand, who said anything about preventing from hurting the feelings of our loved ones?

When we tell them this...and it is CLEAR that it comes from a place of LOVE...then sometimes we have to spank them to make them understand how important it is to heed our words. Sure feelings get hurt, but there is no malicious intent. This is necessary to show that we CARE.

I'm sorry, but after a certain age, you can't go around spanking people. You can only help them the best way you can and then let them go about their own way. When I say you, I don't mean you per say. At some point, we have to trust the intelligence of each other. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. The horse will only drink if he is thirsty. Same thing can be applied to the analogy of planting seeds/knowledge. If you have truly planted seeds of knowledge, when the harvest time comes and you haven't planted in shallow grounds, your seeds will have sprouted into the result of the roots it came from, in this case knowledge. The analogy of shallow grounds can be applied to the knowledge that you give out of love, falling upon deaths ears, if you do so with force, anger or manipulation. Remember now, this applies to adults, not children because you can not spank an adult, you have to use a different method other than spanking, with adults.

I agree, however, that we should not degrade, anger, or attack each other out of personal emotion or even hate for our former ignorant selves. But (speaking for myself) you will find that I (and others) demonstrate an amazing amount of self control in the midst of being attacked, degraded, and disrespected. It seems that the negativity comes more from those who are being challenged than those who are doing the challenging. When we pose good questions and/or FACTUAL information that is contrary to what some believe... WE are attacked! Is that self-hate or willfully blissful ignorance trying to protect itself?[/B]

I have seen it from both sides the challenged and the challenger getting angry and resorting to not so positive and productive debates.

Bottom line, when it is all over, it is not about what one debates about but more of what one has done. We can talk and debate all day but at the end of the day, it is about what one has produced, in an effort to help his or her people.

People tend to follow those who have something to show/offer as a token of their love. I am not necessarily talking about material things either because there is so much that we can do for each other that has nothing to do with material trinkets, such as our time, support, resources etc. Many of us think that we have nothing to give, so we just give our knowledge, no one cares about knowledge when they are not able to feed their children. Unless, you can feed give them some food and that is the problem. A lot of our people have so many other issues going on that (in their mind) they can not afford to sacrifice all that they have known/ are used to, including the religion they have been falsely taught. They need to first experience for themselves, that what they have believed in for son long is not all that they thought it was.

Personally speaking, I was raised catholic and went to catholic school, the whole 9 yards. Deep down I always knew something was wrong with that religion although my family were devout Catholics and was raising me to be one. Even though I knew something was wrong with it, still, at the time, it was all that I knew so I was faithful to it. Until one day, when I became of age, I decided to experiment, which I was not afraid to do. Some how, some way, I had enough sense to know, that if God was my father, why would he punish me for making sure that I know the truth about him? Once I convinced my self of that, I set out to find out what was going on behind the scenes of God, Jesus, Mary and the whole 9 yards. I am no longer affiliated with any kind of religion at all and have not been for over 16 years.

That experience was for me, it was my time to transcend and I did that at my own pace, my own transcending season.

So I say again, when people are hungry, they will eat and when they are thirsty, they will drink. You can give them food and drink, but if they are not hungry or thirsty, they will not eat or drink.

If you know that what you say is the truth, let the truth speak for it self. This analogy can be applied to the hungry child. I have had children in my daycare who are angry with me for disciplining them and when lunch time comes, as long as I am in the kitchen, they will not eat their food because I cooked it... LOL I know that they are hungry yet stubborn, so what I do is, I leave the kitchen for a while. Needless to say, when I come back, that specific child's plate is clean.

Astrologer4U

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

Blessings sent to all journeying in 2024 so far
Chevron Dove wrote on cherryblossom's profile.
Sis Cherryblossom,
hoping that you are at peace where ever you may be.
Back