Black Spirituality Religion : Black Man...did you tell a 乃lack ❤oman she's 乃eautiful today?

Lil Kim was a beautiful women before she let them jealous crackaz convince her she needed surgery to "step up her game".

images

Wow, she was beautiful . . . look at her face and how it lights up with her smile . . . she's hardly recognizable now, imo.

Bro. Asomfwaa, you ask a very interesting question as it relates to Black women like Lil Kim.

I am thankful that you believe so.

Based on her un-natural look, and by that I mean the look that she wasn't born to have, maybe she isn't looking for her validation of her 'beauty' from Black men.

The irony is that many "Black Men" would find her beautiful. I.e. The mainstream Black Beauty Standard is an imitation of the White Beauty Standard. Ergo, this woman is still Beautiful by mainstream Black standards.

But she's still a Black woman so does even she warrant to be told by a Black man that she's beautiful? Would that send her a message that they didn't think she was beautiful prior to the plastic surgery?

I await @Perfection's point of view, but from what I gathered from him and from what I personally believe, partly due him, is yes, she warrants to be told she's Beautiful. However, I find a generic, no strings attached compliment will sent the wrong message. So how to say it is my question. For example, I know a woman who works at a local cafe. She always straightens her hair. But one time I saw that she wore it naturally and I told her "I love what you did with your hair!" She was glowing and became very secure in her new style. She was always Beautiful, to be sure, but the timing made it so that we were complimented, not our enemies.

I agree with Bro. Asomfwaa, if she's told now that she's beautiful, wouldn't that be sending the message that her looks are accepted for a Black woman if it's not 'natural'?

I find a compliment is necessary. After all, each Black woman is our Black woman. I just don't know "How." Sometimes, a compliment can send the wrong message. A woman may look great with red hair, but complimenting it can encourage further self-mutilation or body modification.

Do some Black men like the way she looks and think she's beautiful?

Too many to count. I personally don't. But many, many Black men break their necks for Becky, so . . ..

I await @Perfection's point of view, but from what I gathered from him and from what I personally believe, partly due him, is yes, she warrants to be told she's Beautiful. However, I find a generic, no strings attached compliment will sent the wrong message. So how to say it is my question. For example, I know a woman who works at a local cafe. She always straightens her hair. But one time I saw that she wore it naturally and I told her "I love what you did with your hair!" She was glowing and became very secure in her new style. She was always Beautiful, to be sure, but the timing made it so that we were complimented, not our enemies.

Good Morning my dear Brotha...I've read all your comments here and as always you bring some of the most powerful insights to the people of this mighty village. The example you brought forth regarding "Lil Kim" is a more appropriate example as you stated earlier. It too though is a very involved and complex issue because you lead us into sensitive subject matters like misogyny, so-called hip hop, race, economic disparities, self-hatred and that's just to name a few.

Let's you and I do précis on the above subject matters. In order to answer your question about how do we reconcile the dichotomies between encouraging primordial beauty on the one hand and discouraging simulated aesthetics on the other; while simultaneously awakening the Queen to her organic state without breaking her spirit about the level of understanding she has reached regarding the impression she has come to accept what beauty is? We can begin with communicating with Kimberly Jones.

Ms. Jones, as you are aware, is the legal name for "Lil Kim." She's still in there. What I find many critics doing is speaking to the performer (Lil Kim), rather than the real person, Queen Kimberly. Recall the axiom we learn in all my rooms: People treat you like they see you. Many critics don't see Queen Kimberly but rather Lil Kim as a 'sell out' and not as a Queen and so they speak and act accordingly.

I see a beautiful Queen who got caught up in a powerful system of mendacity which turned her against herself. This, as you are aware, can happen to any of us having especially been born in the West.

I would be so bold to say that probably Queen Kimberly may have not had a great Brotha like you who was advising her on the history of beauty, intelligence and sophistication of our Black Women. She had people like Mr. Smalls mentoring her what black beauty was and this contributed greatly to her current identity that many black people--rightfully so--disagree with.

What are your thoughts?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back