Black People : Bishop Jakes slammed by Farrakhan and Sharpton at Parks Funeral

pdiane said:
As the old saying goes, folks who live in Glass Houses shouldn't throw stones. Particularly in front of the corporate media.

Peace!

I must add to this, if Minister Farrakhan did once iota of wrong is his lifetime against Black people , I am more than sure that the media would gotten hold to it by now and made a documentary on it by now. Don't you think??!!!

These wolves and sheep clothing need to be exposed, and the fact of the matter he did not name names. If the shoe fits then shuffle off in them and that is T.D Jakes and the rest of those pimp daddies should do and stop their madness.

Using Rosa Park's funeral as a format was probably not the best place, but you know what, when one reaches 70 years old, who cares. you might as well go for broke.

Rosa, God rest her soul, after risking her life and being harrassed most of her young life, basically took a back seat in her older years to the liberation of Black people (someone correct me if I am wrong, because I have not heard of any thing she did in her older years). However, Minister Farrakhan has been in the struggle, bucking the system like a lion for over 50 years, so he can say anything he wants when he wants to say it because that's how all of us should go out as we approach eternity.

I don't know what she did or didn't do at such an elderly age (my grandmother is 76 and is bedridden), but I can say the things that she did do both before and after her most famous incident is more than what many of us are able to do today in our WHOLE lives. Rosa's contributions allowed the black community to get its foot through the door and be able to have their economic patronage at the very least accepted, (despite racism and other problems not being eradicated in today's time).

Kemetstry said:
Both Farrakhan and Sharpton took back handed slams at Jakes. Saying that there are those who have gotten in bed with many who seek to destroy everything that Parks stood and sat down for. Going as far as to call it religious hypocracy.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
I watched the entire funeral at work on webcast. I believe what Farrakhan and Sharpton were stating were their opinions, which were not directed at any one person in particular but to a group of people with certain behaviors. That is, they spoke on those "Black spiritual/religious leaders" who frequent with Bush and yet won't speak out on the racist/white supremist system that holds us down daily.

If anything, those comments could have been taken as food for thought for those individuals.

Pdiane is correct. I watched the Million More Movement and Farrakhan did have a plan for us...as a people...to move on from the state we're currently in. A plan to house, feed, clothe and protect us was presented. However, I must add that if Farrakhan wants the majority of Black people to follow, he must follow through with actions. That is what our people are waiting on. If you're going to lead, then lead by action (example)...not by word alone.

Monetary said:
I watched the entire funeral at work on webcast. I believe what Farrakhan and Sharpton were stating were their opinions, which were not directed at any one person in particular but to a group of people with certain behaviors. That is, they spoke on those "Black spiritual/religious leaders" who frequent with Bush and yet won't speak out on the racist/white supremist system that holds us down daily.

If anything, those comments could have been taken as food for thought for those individuals.

Pdiane is correct. I watched the Million More Movement and Farrakhan did have a plan for us...as a people...to move on from the state we're currently in. A plan to house, feed, clothe and protect us was presented. However, I must add that if Farrakhan wants the majority of Black people to follow, he must follow through with actions. That is what our people are waiting on. If you're going to lead, then lead by action (example)...not by word alone.

"If you're going to lead, then lead by action (example)...not by word alone."

This is exactly what I mean by LIP-SERVICING.

I watched it twice...

Monetary said:

Though I will agree that both of their comments were meant for a wider audience, I believe Jakes ( in that he and Farrakhan have had a running fued of late ) took it as directed to him. As I recall, he did comment, as well, to them.
Farrakhan said that his follow thru would be his, Rosa Resolution. I think there will be renewed pushes for civil rights with affirative action votes coming in various states. And a voting rights act issue next year

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back